Ideas for new Events

Hello all Engineers,
I am Onkar, doing electrical enginnering from V.J.T.I mumbai.Currently I am in 3rd year of my undergraduation course and also I am the GS of my department EESA community.
This year I am planning to have really intersting events for the students which will enhance their skill in the field of electrical and eletronics.
I would like to have ideas from you all about what activities should i organise for the same.

Replies

• crook
    crook
    For a similar query, someone on CE had suggested a Junkyard War! I personally am game for it!

Give the teams spares & ask them to build a project in 2 days flat. A panel of judges may then choose the best project depending upon the actual time of completion, professionalism, use, innovation, creativity etc.
  • Mr Electrical
    Mr Electrical
    hey crook thanks for the idea buddy. well keep posting about new events.
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    Mr Electrical
    Hello all Engineers,
    I am Onkar, doing electrical enginnering from V.J.T.I mumbai.Currently I am in 3rd year of my undergraduation course and also I am the GS of my department EESA community.
    This year I am planning to have really intersting events for the students which will enhance their skill in the field of electrical and eletronics.
    I would like to have ideas from you all about what activities should i organise for the same.
    I appreciate what you are doing. Can we know about the events that you have planned?
  • Mr Electrical
    Mr Electrical
    hey Elisa hii
    well in this sem m organising TPP competetion,seminar on memory enchancement techniques.
    well u can post ur ideas too
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    Mr Electrical
    Hello all Engineers,
    hey onkar why not create a community for all the events regarding events
    bdw im in 2nd yr electrical engg
  • Mayhem
    Mayhem
    Mr Electrical
    Hello all Engineers,
    I was going through the website of a university in Belgium and their ieee student branch had organized a really interesting competition that was both fun and technical. They had something called as a hardisk throwing competition, first they asked people to come up and they were asked to throw the hardisks as far as they could something like shot put, next they had asked people to make electronic launchers for them, out of waste material. I saw some videos of this activity and seemed like a lot of fun...this event could be followed by a technical talk or lecture so that u know people have fun and at the same time learn something new as well...๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayhem
    I was going through the website of a university in Belgium and their ieee student branch had organized a really interesting competition that was both fun and technical. They had something called as a hardisk throwing competition, first they asked people to come up and they were asked to throw the hardisks as far as they could something like shot put, next they had asked people to make electronic launchers for them, out of waste material. I saw some videos of this activity and seemed like a lot of fun...this event could be followed by a technical talk or lecture so that u know people have fun and at the same time learn something new as well...๐Ÿ˜€
    lol! That is 'cray' ๐Ÿ˜ and of course a fantastic idea for an event. Onkar, if you still have time, think about this! seriously!

And do not forget to share your experiences with us.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I just wrote my GRE exam and got a 800 Q and 750 Verbal. I'm so happy with my score!! I'm not writing to brag, I just want to...
i am creating one project in visual basic. but i am getting problem to gave multiple no. of databases to one form. how should we gave no. of databases (of...
Hello=) My favourite film is "Waterboy" with Adam Sandler in main role ๐Ÿ˜ have you seen it??
Hi, I am siddhesh I introduce myself to all the crazy engineers๐Ÿ˜›
CEans! Congratulations to all, for we added our 6000th member - subhamoy pradha ๐Ÿ˜ - to all CEans who spread the word around! ๐Ÿ˜ Now let's target 10,000 member count....