ideas for final year project/thesis

greetings all crazy engineers ๐Ÿ˜€
i am a 3rd year mechatronics engineering student and i'm taking my final year thesis next year. any suggestions on fun topics that i can do?

i have been asking around and responses that i got including:

a) automatic human body washer =.=
b) wall climber spider-robot
c) etc

comon guys. give me ideas that i can do to help improve the world haha ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Autonomous Robotic Life Form ๐Ÿ˜

.. welcome to CE, waterjunk. Its good to have Mechatronic engineers onboard! Hm, some ideas eh.. What about a basketball shooting robot? There you'd need to calculate the trajectory etc etc.. thats what I would have done if I had taken Mecha ๐Ÿ˜‰ Perhaps you can make it bounce the ball too! I tell ya, basketball has alot of dynamics involved in all aspects of the game... but, im not sure how that would help the world ๐Ÿ˜› you'd never know though..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Basketball shooting robot - I liked that idea. On CE, we should encourage innovation. We'll soon start working on compiling a list of ideas for projects.

-The Big K-
  • waterjunk
    waterjunk
    Me: Hi. I would like to do a basketball shooter.
    Professor: For?
    Me: ...

Not that the idea was no good, but I don't think it's suitable for my situation. Thanks for that suggestion anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Waterjunk: I would like to do a basketball shooter
    Cool Professor who watches NBA: For real?? Awesome!! Go ahead with it dude! Would love to see it swish from downtown!!
    Waterjunk: ๐Ÿ˜

Hehehe, you're probably right. Its just im really into basketball and stuff. However, if you think about the science behind basketball in general, you can learn quite a lot if you based a project on it ๐Ÿ˜‰ A robot that can automatically shoot projectiles at different velocities and angles relative to where it is to the basket is quite cool. Plus, a basketball shot is not launched like a cannon. It has a lot of back spin in it, resulting in magnus forces and all.

Im sure that kinda robot can be used for other things besides basketball ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai

Hello friends, Well and wish you all the same. I an doing my third year in electrical engineeering...๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ˜Žhai friends i am hapy to jon in CE.hai to all CEs
hai friends anybody those who r using SH2 series hitachi microcontroller.i would like to buy(used one) the E6000 emulator for my development work.
i found an article some days ago. when i read it , i found it very interesting but didnot succeed in understanding it completely. i hope the CEans [electronics&electricals] would...
hello ce-ians .....i am ashok ....iam a crazy electronics and communications engineer studying in bangalore(india):smile:..... can u ppl help me in giving me sum project ideas on digital communication......an innovative...