Idea to solve a real life problem..!!! Will it work?

Generally we see in our homes using gas cyllinders and usually we need to book for an other cyllinder as soon as the earlier one was over.

I got an idea(ofcourse with team),We have an idea that considering the weight of the cyllinder and when it is about to over,how nice it would be when the electronic system associated with the cyllinder automatically sends the message to a gas booking center to book a new one so that the new one arrives immediately to home. as soon as the first one is over.

Ceans help me with your ideas,so that i can make it even as my final year project if it is worth doing!!!

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    In Ahmedabad,Gujarat we have gas pipelines. No gas cylinders. Hence problem solved 👍
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    NO problem is not solved...In South side we dont have pipes...😉
  • lal
    lal
    That looks like a great thought. Pre ordering the gas cylinders by forecasting its possible date of complete usage.

I think, here, another factor should be considered too. The rate at which the fuel is used. That is, the rate of change of weight. If the fuel usage rate is very less, and if the system is designed to book cylinders at a specific weight, there is a chance that the new cylinder is delivered before the existing one is used completely.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    I don't see much market for it. Most of the people have two cylinders. So the need to alert just-in-time doesn't arise.
  • lal
    lal
    A family should possess no more than one connection is the new rule. And that rule is being implemented slowly. Atleast in Kerala.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    i think govt has restricted the number of cyllinders to 6 or 9 in A.P dont know exactly but not equal to 12 per year..
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    One connection still has provision for two cylinders - atleast in couple of states where I've lived - now subject to a max. of 12 per year.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Anand Tamariya
    I don't see much market for it. Most of the people have two cylinders. So the need to alert just-in-time doesn't arise.
    Alerting JIT does not mean delivery JIT.
  • J Biswas
    J Biswas
    Final year project? - worth doing. Brilliant idea.
    Personally!!!! I like the idea.
    LPG weight measuring stand available at malls / supermarkets at Rs 400-800 with varied quality (works on AA batteries). Either read the weight value and call to book, or put additional Rs 3000.00 GSM system + software to make automated calls. Take care of battery life with additional hardware, SIM monthly recharge price etc. Hope not thinking of DTMF. Software should be smart enough to link to "automated messaging system" for LPGs. That will be real pain.
    Once you have built one, please inform me.

- JB -
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    I like the idea too. Doable.

But, the problem is whether the Gas Agency respons to that SMS.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    mreccentric
    I like the idea too. Doable.

But, the problem is whether the Gas Agency respons to that SMS.
    Bharat gas in Bangalore allows SMS booking.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    lal
    That looks like a great thought. Pre ordering the gas cylinders by forecasting its possible date of complete usage.

I think, here, another factor should be considered too. The rate at which the fuel is used. That is, the rate of change of weight. If the fuel usage rate is very less, and if the system is designed to book cylinders at a specific weight, there is a chance that the new cylinder is delivered before the existing one is used completely.
    Thanks and i agree..how would it be if we give an alert beforehand to the homemaker so that if they agree for a new one the associated system sends the message.?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I like the idea and good to see such ideas being posted on CE. I'll update this post later and write my thoughts about it and I'm pretty much sure that this could become a good business idea as well.
  • lal
    lal
    Saijayadeep
    Thanks and i agree..how would it be if we give an alert beforehand to the homemaker so that if they agree for a new one the associated system sends the message.?
    This looks much better. The system may display the expected date of finish of the cylinder and an option to book the new one by sms before hand. So it all happens with the knowledge of home maker. Much better.

May be there can be two options; one- managing the booking automatically as the system decides and two - asking permission of the user before booking. Once the booking is carried out successfully, it should be indicated too.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    My concern is that a household that has only one cylinder may have to depend on some other heat source till the replacement arrives.
    If there are two cylinders, this device is redundant.
    There was some news item about there being very few single cylinder connections in service, which will limit the market.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Ceans..,have you heard about it anywhere before or is that already in the market?

Please let me know.

Today i went to two organisations and told about this idea..one said it was good and we can implement it if we focus.but quite oppositely another said it was common and already in market.

Felt totally blank as i have never heard about it anywhere.

So help me Ceans with your suggestions.

one more thing anyone please give me an idea or a problem whose solution can be get by using a robot..i have seen bomb detection,gas leakage bla bla bla..but not impressed.
    So carefully observe and tell me if any problems that you face in real life where only a robot replacement can get the solution.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Students develop device to book LPG cylinder automatically, stop leakage | Deccan Herald

As for robots please go through the posts at CE on this topic.
  • J Biswas
    J Biswas
    See where you can buy them. Pricing for > than 1K is less than Rs 500.00
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    A huge amount of departmental stores in Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai have them.
    These are Chinese made probably, distributed by Indian companies. Talk to Chinese vendors you will fine many more quality, colors, features at a even cheaper price. There are other Indian suppliers too for the same. This does not integrate GSM though (add another Rs 2K-3K for the rest that you have in your mind).

If this is final year project - good idea, but it is targeted towards market, better talk to LPG suppliers to create a need and push along with LPG cylinder add on, to homes.

If you able to build a working prototype (within Rs 1.5K), please let me know.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    lal
    A family should possess no more than one connection is the new rule. And that rule is being implemented slowly. Atleast in Kerala.
    it is for two connections we can allow two cyllinders from the same connections and i am not sure but 3 cyulinders are permittabele.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Topic is getting diverted...👎

Our focus should be on providing a solution for the problem rather than strucking in the question itself and concentrating on number of cyllinders 2,3 and so on..(Sorry if anyone hurted)

As BioRamani sir said and the links provided by the sir..i felt it is already implemented...almost similar.It is a very good idea(as it was ours) and can lead to good business.

• Jayapriya babu
    Jayapriya babu
    I like this idea..
    but if any problem occurs in the weighting machine or any failure in the message sending it will be a problem to the consumer...
    include a solution for this too...
  • Janaa karti
    Janaa karti
    u can also take pressure as a parameter with weight.. but if u use more, The condition in gas agency s u can't book gas cylinder within one month frm previous booking

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why are pre engineered bldgs preferred to conventional RCC bldgs?
Why is the trapezoidal shape given to a RCC footing instead of a cuboidal shape?
hello Ceans , I am in final year now and we need to start our project in the month of feb. Our department HOD suggested that it would be good...
Can anyone tell about a book on plumbing which contains all the smallest details of plumbing?
I am an ECE graduate not from any IIT or NIT and still seeking for a job in IT industry. I need your suggestion regarding the job profile for which...