Idea to develop cheapest windows pc

Hello everybody,
I was studying in my room for the semester and suddenly an idea popped out of an affordable (or cheapest) windows pc.

This thought popped out for the reason that I want to make computer available to everybody who can't afford the affordable pc's available in the market. Looking for you comments ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Well, then I guess you should advance with Linux! There is no reason Microsoft should be paid while making an affordable PC when the alternative option (Linux) is open and probably superior (many may not agree with me saying that). Communities that support, an ecosystem that is free; perfect environment to grow.

Some how, most Linux users tend to be quite a lot 'techier' than the other group for, at times its gets a little dirty and fun on Linux ๐Ÿ˜

Anyway, when the goal is to make the system cost the least, Linux is the choise. Strike-off that extra licensing fee for Microsoft.

On a side note, can I call Raspberry pi and all other alternative boards out there as extremely cheap Linux machines!
  • Rahul Gupta
    Rahul Gupta
    I agree with you. But my purpose is a little different. I want to make pc's available to everybody who can't afford one.

I want to Travel to poor people's out there in the villages and make them learn computer so that either they could teach others around them and spread the knowledge and earn something. That's why I am talking about windows, Because most of the work done around us is on Windows platform.
  • Rahul99
    Rahul99
    Hardware of a computer is still the highest contributor of price. Although, licensed windows OS cost a buck, it's not too much in comparison to the hardware cost. Also some free of cost alternative OS are availabe in the market. eg. Android.
  • Rahul Gupta
    Rahul Gupta
    I want to assemble the components such as it costs minimum and it could run for normal daily use for educational purpose.

I would like to know that how to contact the manufacturers of different components?
  • batpool52!
    batpool52!
    Budget please?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right! If it's Windows, the PC quickly will go beyond the budgets of most of the people. I think for this discussion to go forward, we'll have to fix certain parameters such as -
    • Total 'Final Price': Sum total of all components + profit margins (if this is involved)
    • Define what'd comprise of 'normal educational purpose'. Will the system run web browser only? Will it run graphics applications?
    • Figure out the software the machine will run and then work on the minimum hardware specs required.
    • Do we really need Windows? uBuntu is free and will bring the cost down significantly!
    • Also, a Raspberry Pi connected to a display will act as an affordable computer that will do the job.
    et al!

Manufacturers can be contacted directly from their official websites via email or phone.

rahul_a25
    That's why I am talking about windows, Because most of the work done around us is on Windows platform
    Most of the work is done on browsers these days and they run on almost every OS. You can do almost everything - right from word processing to image editing right within the browsers. I still believe uBuntu will be a lot better choice for this project.
  • weirdkart
    weirdkart
    I appreciate the idea !
    If we want to design the cheapest PC , the hardware specs will be less .
    We can use refurbished motherboards for the purpose as they are cheaper than new ones . Or we can use the slim PC technology.
    If its only for educational purposes , these are perfectly fine .
    one can also use the mobile chipsets like the mediatek MT6589 modules or Qualcomm ones but we would need an EC expert to assemble
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers #-Link-Snipped-#. Your idea for providing affordable PC to everyone is great .
    You'll be glad to know that there are people who have same interest as you do. & they are doing it in a new way.
    Please go through this link #-Link-Snipped-#.

These guys are refurbishing our old PC & make them work as per the basic requirements.
    They source branded computer systems from corporate offices, refurbish them and make them available to low-income famiies, NGOs and schools at a fraction of the price of new branded computers

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Do you want to build affordable computer system or Windows Based PC (why Windows based?)?
    If you are interested in "Affordable computer system" then why not Raspberry Pi, anyone can buy from even #-Link-Snipped-#, or crazyPi store, just plug in with any monitor/TV, keyboard and mouse, and you are done.
  • Jomon Antony
    Jomon Antony
    Deciding to purchase new pc or refurbished computer should be done based on somebody's requirement. Most of the are purchasing new computers and under utilizing it. I always prefer to upgrade a pc it it will suit the requirements. Many refurbished stores are there, but you should approach a reputed seller to get a reliable one. That is it. NetGen Computers is the one I should suggest.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, I was reading lot of source code of various sites that are designed on Bootstrap3. I've come up with these three things: respond.js css3-mediaqueries.js html5shiv I'm having a hard...
The iOS 8.2 beta was released just 13 days ago. A Chinese based team of hackers called TaiG have already released the jailbroken versions for both, the iOS 8.2 beta...

yo!

Hello everyone here, I'm Nishant. I'm studying my 2nd year currently. I can code in most of the web development field in ease and ofc, I'm freelancer ๐Ÿ˜
Celkon is a local manufacturing company known for its involvement in the development of mobile phones, Tablet PC solutions and wireless technologies. It is also a member of Android One...
@lal - Many many Happy returns of the day. Have loads of fun and enjoyment today. Have a great day!๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰