[idea help]bluetooth|Wifi|armband w/screen

I have been interested in making a type of armband, for years now.

What I want:
Compatibility:
Android

Bluetooth- To tell you who messaged me, or is currently calling, and be able to send texts through bluetooth. (Possibly in the future allow it to accept phone calls)
Wifi capabilities- So I can connect to the internet and use email, or IM. *Even if I have to make applications, OS, and do SDK's I'm willing to learn.
*Anything else can be programmed in later*
*No I don't want to put a phone into the armband and call it a day.*

However, I don't know where to start. I know I will need to know about OS's and probably make, or modify an OS.
I will need a touch screen (3.5 roughly), some sort of processor, Bluetooth adapter, and wireless adapter, a battery *removable preferred*, and sd card.. but I don't know anything else. Nor where to find the hardware.
I will also need to know how to program the hardware to function with the software.

I know some programming *still beginner*.
I have some basic experience in c++, java, html, and css. and arduino
I have an Arduino.
I am asking for where to start. I have an Arduino. I've heard things about raspberry pi, and it might work? I don't know of anything else.. nor if it either will..

*Due to wanting compatibility with android would I have to have it android OS too? Does it have to be android? Can it be just linux build? or what..

Any pointers, links to guides, and hardware/software to help me start would be a great help and much appreciated.

**Sorry if this isn't in the right forum.. I'm very new and I wanted to ask some people who are in the tech field their thoughts..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most weekends call for an outing with family or friends to outskirts of the city and most prefer to drive the car themselves instead of a third-party driver. Nimish Agrawal...
i am 2015 passout from I.T and currently i am working as a testing engineer in my company , and i am the first testing engineer in my company so...
Er. Matti Makkonen, the inventor of short messaging service (SMS) is no more. Makkonen was 63 and fighting an illness and took his last breath on June 26th. Known to...
Hi! I am Aieh. I am a Mechanical Engineering student from the Philippines. and hopefully, I can graduate on March next year. 😀 Well, I happened to be here because...
i want to make a final year project(E&TC) which anyone didn't make......i want some ideas about project......so,please help me....