idea Cellular Testing 3G. Launch Very Soon.

Idea Cellular is sending out SMS notifications for their 3G launch and inviting old subscribers (like yours truly) to test out their 3G plans at 2G rates. I received following notification on my phone number few minutes ago -

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your continued support. As a special customer, we are glad to invite you to participate in our Idea 3G Trials till 31 March 2011, at your current 2G rates only. If interested, please type 3GY & if not type 3GN & send it to 12345 (toll free).

Now this makes things bit interesting ๐Ÿ˜€ . If I don't want the server I'm required to type 3GN and send the SMS ๐Ÿ˜•. Don't know what to do. I surely don't want 'extra' charges in my bill for sure.

Is there any other idea subscriber who's received the message?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hi Biggie,
    I want to know what is the difference in 2G and 3G?
    Are these new services in Mobile or Internet?

Sorry I am a little behind time. I know every person know about it except me. But please I want to know about it.
    Sorry for my ignorance and less knowledge. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think that question should be discussed in our Electronics Engineering section as communications engineers will be able to explain it to you better. 2G and 3G stand for second and third generation of wireless communication that offer increased facilities and data transfer speeds.
  • ideacellular
    ideacellular
    The_Big_K
    Idea Cellular is sending out SMS notifications for their 3G launch and inviting old subscribers (like yours truly) to test out their 3G plans at 2G rates. I received following notification on my phone number few minutes ago -

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your continued support. As a special customer, we are glad to invite you to participate in our Idea 3G Trials till 31 March 2011, at your current 2G rates only. If interested, please type 3GY & if not type 3GN & send it to 12345 (toll free).

Now this makes things bit interesting ๐Ÿ˜€ . If I don't want the server I'm required to type 3GN and send the SMS ๐Ÿ˜•. Don't know what to do. I surely don't want 'extra' charges in my bill for sure.

Is there any other idea subscriber who's received the message?

Dear Sir,

We wish to inform you that 3G will be launched shortly.You will be updated shortly on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Regards, Ideacellular
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ideacellular
    Dear Sir,

We wish to inform you that 3G will be launched shortly.You will be updated shortly on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Regards, Ideacellular
    Thanks for the update. I was informed that the service will be activated on my phone within 24 hours. It's already been more than 72 hours now.

PS: Wondering whether I need a new SIM to avail the 3G facilities.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Not SIM, the handset should be compatible ๐Ÿ˜‰ . By the way I think even Vodafone has introduced Trial 3G services.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    Not SIM, the handset should be compatible ๐Ÿ˜‰ . By the way I think even Vodafone has introduced Trial 3G services.
    My phone is 3G ๐Ÿ˜€ . Vodafone already has 3G - I see their ads all over the world cup ๐Ÿ˜›
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ๐Ÿ˜€. SIM only holds the user info, so it should be OK.

By the way , I had this guy talk about how he is unable to use his phone for 3g, I asked him if the handset was compatible - he said no. I asked a simple question - why do you need 3G. He said - becasue its new:-|.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am in final year of my btech graduation and want to go for GRE. please help me 1) If i take the exam in august then when i will...
Discover the beautful place in the philippines and the paradise distination of the tropical island.
I friends I found these notes when I was studying Normalization.I hope you find them useful. ๐Ÿ˜€
These are the lecture notes of Normalization form.
These are the notes of Relational Database design. ๐Ÿ˜›