ICC Nominees

These are the Nominees for the top award that will be presented by the International Cricket Council in Johannesburg on October 1.

The nominations were finalised by a 25-member international panel comprising former players, media representatives, umpires and regerees. The same panel will also pick the winner.

Cricketer of the year : Mahendra singh Dhoni ( Ind),
Gautam Gambhir ( Ind),
Mitchell Johnson (Aus),
Andrew Strauss ( Eng).

Test player of the year : Gautam Gambhir (Ind),
Mitchel Johnson (Aus),
Thilan Samaraweera (SL),
Andrew Strauss (Eng).

One-day player of the year : Shivnarine Chanderpaul (WI),
Mahendra singh Dhoni (Ind),
Virender Sehwag (Ind),
Yuvraj singh (Ind)

Emerging player of the year :Ben Hilfenhaus (Aus),
Graha Onions (Eng),
Jesse Ryder (NZ),
Peter siddle (Aus).

Associate and Affiliate player of the year (non-Test nations) : Rizwan Cheema (Can),
Ryan ten Doeschate (Ned),
William Porterfield (IrI),
Edgar Schiferli (Ned)

Twenty20 International performance of the year :

Shahid Afridi (Pak)-51 off 34 balls and two for 16 against South Africa in the world Twenty20 semi_final in Nottingham on June 18.

Tillakaratne Dilshan (SL) -96 not out off 57 balls against the West Indies in the world Twenty20 semi_final at the Oval on June 19.

Chris Gayle (WI) -88 off50 balls against Australia in the World Twenty20 at the Oval in June 6.

Umar Gul (Pak)- 5-6 against New Zealand in the World Twenty20 at the Oval on June 13.

Women's Crickter of the year : Charlotte Edwards (Eng),
Shelley Nitschke (Aus),
Claire Taylor (Eng).

Umpire of the year : Aleem Dar (Pak),
Tony Hill (NZ),
Asad Rauf (Pak),
Simon Taufel (Aus).

Spirit of Cricket Award : Australia,
England,
New Zealand,
Sri Lanka.

Hope appropriate persons will get the awards.

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS....THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY........

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    There are three Indian players out of tota 4 for one day player of the year. This shows that Indian team is performing good in one - dayers.

-CB
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    crazyboy
    There are three Indian players out of tota 4 for one day player of the year. This shows that Indian team is performing good in one - dayers.

-CB
    its right. India is performing good.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Can any one guess the winners?

then we will compare with ICC.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi. I want some project ideas based on Gps & laser system. please, help me..
I'm a fresher in Instrumentation engineering.I was not able to secure a campus placement and i am very much interested in pursuing a career as an Instrumentation engineer in the...
Do you want to become a programmer, but don't want to go through the pains of learning all the syntax and structure of a programming language?? How about if you...
Hi ! I have an idea to work on this advance topic as our engineering final year project. if anyone have worked on it plz let me know,so that I...
Fast bowler Graham Onions has been added to England's Champions Trophy squad as a replacement for all-rounder Andrew Flintoff and he has also been added to their squad for the...