I was burning Ubuntu file to a CD when I hit the cancel button. Now, the CD can't be read. HELP

I am sorry. I don't know if this thread belongs to this group😐 , but I need a help on this:

I was burning an .iso file to a CD and I hit cancel. Now the CD is dead....it can't be read; it can't be erased. The message in my screen told me to use another CD.

What can I do to re-burn the same CD with the same file?πŸ˜•

FYI: the CD info shows me that the disk is full and I used Disk Utility in my mac.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    If its not re-writable disk then you have to buy another blank disk & burn it with ubuntu linux iso

in short, your "fail-burned-disk" is useless now. Make another copy πŸ˜€
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Is there anything I can do about it? It's not about replacing the CD; I just wonder if I can do something about it.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    By the way, I have a problem partitioning my hard drive. I want to tripleboot my mac. I already have OSX 10.6.8 and Windows XP (Bootcamp Assistant). I want to add 2 more partitions (LINUX and LINUX SWAP) to my current Macintosh HD and BOOTCAMP (Windows XP), but my Disk Utility says something like: verification failed. can't partition hard drive.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Mac OS is already installed .. so Mac & Linux boot loader will try to get over eachother, but still its not impossible πŸ˜‰

1st partition should be containing MacOS (Obviously)
    We need 3 more partition (For windows, Linux & Linux swap- incase linux gets out of memory)

Before starting Install rEFIt Boot menu for Mac

We wont be using bootcamp as we are triple booting

Click on Macintosh partition HD. If there are multiple partition, select one from which you wanna steal some space ..
    After then hit "+" sign below inorder to create 4 partitions.

Click on first new partition & on right side type "Windows" format it to MS-DOS & make size that you want. I usually use just 12-14 GB for windows as I dont have any use of that OS (except my parents who use them a lot)
    Do same with Linux & Linux swap keep 50 GB space each & format it to MS-DOS.
    Hit apply & you are done.

Install Windows 7 & install Ubuntu after Windows.
    If windows is installed then directly move for installing ubuntu (I prefer Fedora 17 beefy miracle tho) πŸ˜›
    Good luck πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to the proper group.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Thank you for moving this thread to the proper group.
  • zm-i
    zm-i
    Troll_So_Hard
    Mac OS is already installed .. so Mac & Linux boot loader will try to get over eachother, but still its not impossible πŸ˜‰

1st partition should be containing MacOS (Obviously)
    We need 3 more partition (For windows, Linux & Linux swap- incase linux gets out of memory)

Before starting Install rEFIt Boot menu for Mac

We wont be using bootcamp as we are triple booting

Click on Macintosh partition HD. If there are multiple partition, select one from which you wanna steal some space ..
    After then hit "+" sign below inorder to create 4 partitions.

Click on first new partition & on right side type "Windows" format it to MS-DOS & make size that you want. I usually use just 12-14 GB for windows as I dont have any use of that OS (except my parents who use them a lot)
    Do same with Linux & Linux swap keep 50 GB space each & format it to MS-DOS.
    Hit apply & you are done.

Install Windows 7 & install Ubuntu after Windows.
    If windows is installed then directly move for installing ubuntu (I prefer Fedora 17 beefy miracle tho) πŸ˜›
    Good luck πŸ‘
    #-Link-Snipped-#: This is why I can't follow your step exactly:
    On one hand, I have installed my Windows XP using BOOTCAMP, which might be the reason why I can't add more partition.
    On the other hand, I have done those steps you told me (it's just that I only add 2 more for LINUX and LINUX SWAP). However, when I hit apply, the verification failed, and thus the partition couldn't be made.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    zm-i
    #-Link-Snipped-#: This is why I can't follow your step exactly:
    On one hand, I have installed my Windows XP using BOOTCAMP, which might be the reason why I can't add more partition.
    On the other hand, I have done those steps you told me (it's just that I only add 2 more for LINUX and LINUX SWAP). However, when I hit apply, the verification failed, and thus the partition couldn't be made.
    You need to format & re-install windows.
    And yeah dont use bootcamp ...we cant use bootcamp for triple booting

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Smartphones and OS are bringing in the distance between two technology giants. Apple Inc. had announced today, that with their new iPhone and iPad they would NOT be pre-loading the...
After gaining the popularity in eBooks market, amazon has expnded their wings and launched a social game development effort called Amazon Game Studios. Also, a game for Facebook called Living...
i need to know; what is the difference between electricity in the human body and the other electricity that we know and how to convert one to the other?
Wish you Many Many Happy Returns of the day. :myparty: Have a great year Ahead.
I have watched plenty of videos for robotics, which in a result got me very much interested in this specific subject. So, if I wanna pursue robotics as career &...