I want career advice for engineering graduate from 2012 batch

i am 2012 batch passout ece, graduate searching for jobs other than which involve programming ,due to family problems i started my career intially in a wrong way b doing lecturer job in one of the science college for a year.I am interested in the field other than IT industry but if now i started studying for competative exam like civil services,bank exam then i can't afford so much money and staying in bangalore like city.so i am in dilemma that wat i have to do ,my friends told me to do some course like jaava,networking for getting job.please give me suggestion based on this i will take my decision..........................

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# First of all, welcome to CE. Curious to know how you came to know about CrazyEngineers.

Teaching is in no way a 'wrong career option'. May be #-Link-Snipped-# can shed some light on this. Wondering why you would think that way.

A friend and fellow CEan #-Link-Snipped-# spent quite a team as a teacher for Computer Science students in a college. Now, he is working in a IT firm.
    He must've spent a considerable amount of time polishing his technical knowledge and skills while he had the time at hand.

Any kind of work experience can never go to waste. Another of my lecturers in the engineering college pursued her M.Tech while teaching B.E./B.Tech students. After 2 years she got a lot of good experience of working in an organization and also more technical knowledge + was strong in all her basic concepts (Something none of her batchmates had) when she applied for a job in an IT firm of her choice.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I did start to reply to this post. But passed it as it is not easy (can't resist the pun) for me to advise on ECE.

How ever, many manufacturing industries are more and more into robotics and electronic (Internet of Things - IoT) process control.

Many products are being developed using IoT.

While one does not make much money at it, technical teaching does pay a decent salary. One has enormous happiness at guiding young minds. Teaching and research can be very satisfying at a personal level. ( I can vouch for this with a reasonable certainty as this is my 55 year in that activity)
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Hi Mahesh

Starting your career as a Teacher is not at all a wrong way of starting your career. If it interests you then why not continue with it? When I was teaching it gave me immense satisfaction of doing something good.

IT job does not always involve programming. There are many fields which involve stuff like business consulting, configuration, tech support, etc. But if you are not interested in IT then I would suggest not to go ahead as companies do not pay any heed to your preference. Java and networking courses won't help if you don't want to get into IT.

Sit and write a list of career options that interest you. Explore and chalk out a plan. Get a clear path of what YOU want and then go ahead.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll tag #-Link-Snipped-# who could give you a better advice. She's been a lecturer and also worked in a big IT company. She may have some advice to share with you.
  • mahesh22s
    mahesh22s
    Thank u very much to all......now am feeling happy ....thanks lot
  • Prajakta Kelapure
    Prajakta Kelapure
    Hello Mahesh,
    Of-course teaching is not a bad career option. But you need to perceive post graduation to enjoy all its luxuries. As of now if you want to go in core industries plan for embedded system course from hyderabad, will cost about fifty to sixty thousand if you can afford.
    Second option is, if you are a bit familiar with matlab then go for LabView. Start with small tutorials of it. A lot of requirement is being generated. All the video and study material is with national instruments. Once you get a bit of it, you can give a online exam of National instruments. If qualified, that certificate means a lot. Will surely help you to seek a job in core industries.
  • Prajakta Kelapure
    Prajakta Kelapure
    And yes I would suggest not to go for java course to begin with, My own experience tells me that Java professional has a lot of demand but all firms ask for experience. On the other hand, networking or dot net are hired as freshers to if you go off campus
  • Sanam Khan
    Sanam Khan
    I think that you need to find your area of interest because you seem quite confused, First of try evaluating at which things you could better rather than listening to your friends as your careers is in your hand, as your area of interest lies in IT there are many field in which you could posses knowledge quite easily that only thing you need to do is start exploring such fields.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CE'ans ! Glad to post my new Question here ! Currently iam working on a RTC (Abracon AB 1804) chip.When i referred a schematic there was a connection denoted...
Quote: Barcelona, Spain-based R&D firm Avinent, in partnership with the software development company Droiders, has developed Avinent Glass, a new app for Google Glass that guides and assists surgeons through...
What better place for this post than 'The Cafe'? The next level perhaps is to have robots to eat the food. Quote: Normally, when I cook, I’m on my own...
The Research team of Penn State University and Cornell University physicists has discovered a novel material for studying the concept of “spin-transfer torque”. The new substance is a combination of...
does software testing needs database testing ? and does tester requires programming knowledge of both java and .net ? is it possible to switch from testing to development later?👎