I/O type for MOV and VFD in Instrument Index

Attached are the typicals for the MOV and VFD. Is the I/O type correct? Is that enough information for the Control system vendor or do I have to include anymore?
MOV
Tag Number Loop Instrument Type I/O type System

MOV-001 M-001 Motor Operated Valve - -
HS-001 M-001 MOV Local/Off/Remote DI SIS
ZA-001 M-001 MOV Battery low alarm DI PCS
ZSC-001 M-001 MOV Limit switch close DI SIS
ZSO-001 M-001 MOV Limit switch open DI SIS
HSX-001 M-001 MOV Local Handswitch - -

VFD
Tag Number Loop Instrument Type I/O type

HS-001 V-001 HOA Switch DI
XC-001 V-001 Pump Start DO
XS-001 V-001 Pump Run Status DI
XY-001 V-001 Permissive DI
What is the I/O for Accelerometer?

Replies

• javeriaengg
    javeriaengg
    There is no battery in MOV's. No's of I/O's depend upon how do you want to use to configure the MOV, if you want it as on/off valve then below I/O's shall be added

Typical Control I/O's

HS-001 M-001 MOV Local/Off/Remote DI PCS
    ZA-001 M-001 MOV Fault alarm DI SIS
    ZSC-001 M-001 MOV Open command DO PCS
    ZSO-001 M-001 MOV Close command DI SIS
    HSX-001 M-001 MOV Trip DO SIS
    ZAC-001 M-001 MOV CLosed DI PCS
    ZAO-001 M-001 MOV Opened DI PCS

Typical VFD
    SC-001 V-001 Speed Control from PCS (AO PCS)
    SO-001 V-001 Speed Feedback from VFD (AI PCS)
    IT-001 V-001 Current Feedback (AI PCS)

What is the I/O for Accelerometer?
    it is Analog INput to MMS

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I Have got to design a cooling fan, to cool the network of pipes of a heat exchanger. the only data that i have in hand is, the initial temperature...
Intex Technologies have been laying low for quite some time. Gone are the days where they seemed to launch a new smartphone every week. Intex Technologies have finally understood that...
Quote: From flying cars to early aluminum engines, here’s a peek at some of the auto industry’s most ignominious failures. Endquote 10 Automotive Ideas That Didn't Pan Out
Check out this cool video from Google that features CEan @Uday Bidkar as engineer who makes the Firebase happen. If you have questions for him, throw them below. 😀
Reliance Jio top boss, Mukesh Ambani has announced the latest disruption in Indian telecom market, called 'JioPhone'. But not only that, Ambani backed it up with innovative price plan. The...