I need help in a thyristor firing circuit

Dear CEans

i want to design an electric circuit that provides the firing pulse to thyristor

and also i want an explanation of how it operates

please if any body could help post here 😎

Thank you

Ahmed salah

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Firing pulse in the sense do you want to provide the necessary current to switch the device on?

I mean do you want to provide the necessary Gate - Cathode power to make the device conduct?
  • mosh11
    mosh11
    yes

i want to provide the firing pulse to the gate
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    So there are few basic methods where in you can provide the necessary holding current to the thyristor correct??
  • mosh11
    mosh11
    yes

i need a circuit to provide the firing pulse

it means that i need a circuit to provide a pulse which supplies the thyristor with the firing angle in periodic form (e.g every 2pi )

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

m a student doing m.sc(it)....4th year... as part of studies i have to give seminar on any technology...i have selected java card technology....is it good.?? or should i go with...
hii there, can someone suggest me a switching transistor which can switch a square wave of 100-200 kHz any help will be much appreciated also the knowledge of its availability...
Hi friends..... Can anybody tell me the operating range for voltage doubler and current doubler? Now i am in problem. So please tell me and solve my problem?
Hello to all CEans, I'm Chea from Msia, currently doing Final Semester of Mechanical Engineering. I kinda noob in using Inventor as i need to test my design stress analysis....
Hello guys...I want to create a new web site named "Bharat Darshan" (for those who are unknown to hindi "bharat darshan means "view india")That will be totally in hindi... but...