I don't have 60% throughout, should I take up tests like AMCAT & eLitmus?

I need some serious career advice. I have above 60% in my 10th & Engineering, but 57% in 12th. On top of that, I have a gap of three years in my education (between 10th & 12th). For these reasons I have been ineligible for most companies. I was thinking of taking up AMCAT & eLitmus in hopes of improving my chances, but even there things didn't seem very bright for me when some people told that, while it was not mandatory to have 60% throughout to appear in these exams, most companies hiring through these agencies required 60% throughout.

I'm looking for an internship in Software Development so that I might compensate my poor academics with experience, but even there things aren't working out the way I planned. Even startups are turning me down over better candidates. Thought these exams were my only chance, but now I'm confused & completely hopeless.

Replies

• Jasim Chouhan
    Jasim Chouhan
    yes go for amcat
  • Jatin Kumar
    Jatin Kumar
    Don't worry,I think most of the companies that come through Amcat look for 60% but not in case for eLitmus(if you score good),Because i know persons from both the categories and if you are interested in computer programing you can opt for CDAC if you have time,it is one of the best options available today .
  • Mohammed.A
    Mohammed.A
    Hello sir,
    I have 61% aggregate in btech(ece) under kerala university.but my certificate issued second class only.according to indian grading system above 60% consider as first class(aitce noms).some jobs are specifically asking first class in btech(not include%)like drdo,bel,cdac.
    Can i apply first class job?
    Pls reply sir...
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Mohammed.A
    Hello sir,
    I have 61% aggregate in btech(ece) under kerala university.but my certificate issued second class only.according to indian grading system above 60% consider as first class(aitce noms).some jobs are specifically asking first class in btech(not include%)like drdo,bel,cdac.
    Can i apply first class job?
    Pls reply sir...
    It depends on what years make your degree. Confirm if its aggregate of all years, aggregate of 3rd and 4th year or just final year that is making your degree. If irrespective of all the combinations, your percentage is above or equal to 60 then there's a mistake. It should be first class without a doubt. Contact your university and get it corrected.
  • Mohammed.A
    Mohammed.A
    Sir,
    kerala university not depend on % criteria.above 6.5 cgpa awarded first class.accurate aggregate of total 4 year is 60.81%(6.34cgpa-2015 pass out).core companies like bel,drdo,cdac are asking first class in btech(not include % in notification)
    Can i eligible for that job?
    (SSLC-85.5,PLUS TWO-78%)
  • Mohammed.A
    Mohammed.A
    Pls reply sir....
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Mohammed.A
    Sir,
    kerala university not depend on % criteria.above 6.5 cgpa awarded first class.accurate aggregate of total 4 year is 60.81%(6.34cgpa-2015 pass out).core companies like bel,drdo,cdac are asking first class in btech(not include % in notification)
    Can i eligible for that job?
    (SSLC-85.5,PLUS TWO-78%)
    You've the answer. You need 6.5 on CGPA scale for first division as you've mentioned. I am unsure if you can be eligible for the one's you've mentioned. You may try converting your CGPA to % scale while applying may be?
  • Mohammed.A
    Mohammed.A
    I have percentage ctf from university

I am so confused whether eligible or not

Pls help me anyone....

Pls check my cfts
  • Sudhanshu kumar
    Sudhanshu kumar

Sir, I have below 60 percentage in b.tech. and my branch is computer science. How will get job sir.10 th 69.9 percentage and 12th 65.5 ,b.tech below 60 percentage. How will got job sir. Please help me sir. Reply sir.😧 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Your performance in the past exam cannot be changed. You'll have to look for other ways to secure a job. 

Tell me how are you preparing for jobs? What is your plan to get the job that you desire? 

• shiwangi kumarii
    shiwangi kumarii

Sir I want to know is there any percentage criteria for elitmus entrance exam??

• Naveen Kumar Chowdary
    Naveen Kumar Chowdary

Sir, I have 55.05% in btech,I have 9.2cgpa in 10th,82.6% in 12th,I am fresher,most of the companies are recruiting more than 60%, is there any chance throught amcat,can u please suggest me a. Better guidance.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know the name of the nits which conduct their non gate exams.. Nd even I am unable to find proper information about College of Engineering Pune( Coep)...
Project Abstract / Summary : The project is an analytical and experimental study on the split pin crankshaft. In this project we are going to perform two experimental programs: Designing,...
Hello, I have got admission for Masters in Automotive Engineering in Zwickau University of applied sciences and the course is entirely taught in German. So, my question is how difficult...
I am working on a project on design & manufacture of a capacitance displacement sensor. The objective is to measure in a range of 100 microns. I am having trouble...
For those interested in measurement systems a complete guide is available from National Instruments. One has to register with NI to get access. See here: NI User Account