Hydrid dedicated servers! What is it?

Hello,

I heard about WHT about hybrid servers. Who know something about this type servers?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    peleckis
    Hello,

I heard about WHT about hybrid servers. Who know something about this type servers?
    Smaller sites with limited network bandwidth may operate "sucking" or cache servers. These perform the same reader server role as conventional news servers, but themselves act as newsreaders to exchange articles with other reader servers. Hybrid servers allow greater flexibility in that received groups can be adjusted without manual intervention by remote server operators. They may also be the only available means to obtain articles from remote servers that do not offer conventional feeding.

Because hybrid servers usually use the posting function to send news, article headers are reformatted by the posting function and tracing information can be lost. Also, the delayed sucking process can result in excess activity on the remote reader servers. For these reasons, the use of hybrid servers is often discouraged or disallowed without prior agreement.

Hope this helps you! 😀
  • peleckis
    peleckis
    Hello Kumar,

Thank you for you mind. But I heard other information about these types servers. Its mean other "virtualization" type, For example hybrid severs its like dedicated servers, you have dedicated RAM, HDD. Here you can install any OS, Linux or Windows.

Do you know it?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    peleckis
    Hello Kumar,

Thank you for you mind. But I heard other information about these types servers. Its mean other "virtualization" type, For example hybrid severs its like dedicated servers, you have dedicated RAM, HDD. Here you can install any OS, Linux or Windows.

Do you know it?
    Yes, are you asking about the three types of Virtualization? They are:
    1. Full virtualization: Almost complete simulation of the actual hardware to allow software, which typically consists of a guest operating system, to run unmodified
    2. Partial virtualization: Some but not all of the target environment is simulated. Some guest programs, therefore, may need modifications to run in this virtual environment.
    3. Paravirtualization: A hardware environment is not simulated; however, the guest programs are executed in their own isolated domains, as if they are running on a separate system. Guest programs need to be specifically modified to run in this environment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Prashant Pande Engineering Trade:Chemical Location: Gujarat, India Occupation:Working Hobbies & Interests: Reading, Watching Movies , Football , Computer Aim in life: To Gain Knowledge in as many subjects as...
well ,for exams like IES and GATE we have standard syllabus that comes along with the advertisement but what about the syllabus for the various PSU exams like HAL,ONGC,DRDO,SAIL etc.....
can anyone please explain me clearly what is assembly line balancing in production,planning and control that comes under industrial engineering paper???
Tomorrow is Holi ,a colorful festival. So how are you people going to celebrate holi tomorrow? Unfortunately I have to come to office tomorrow 😡😡. Just share your holi experiences...
how do ford india company recruit mechanical engineers(freshers)???