Hyderabad Metro Rail To Get NFC Based Tickets!

NFC technology is finding ways in our daily lives rapidly. The near filed communication technology will now be used for metro rail tickets at Hyderabad. The ticket readers will be installed at strategic places so those with NFC enabled phones will just have to 'tap' their phones on the sensors to book their tickets.

Samsung's arm - Samsung Data Systems had won the contract to setup the automated ticket booking and collecting system at the Metro Rail Station in Hyderabad.

The Bigger Challenge

The most essential part of the success of this system is that users should have NFC capable phones. Given the kind of phones that sell in Indian markets, the NFC capable phones are very rare. Samsung itself did not include NFC tags in most of the smartphones they shipped in the last few months.

So without an NFC capable phone, the whole ticket booking system will be useless.

Other leading cell-phone makers like Nokia are trying to push the technology for major transportation projects in India. The mumbai mono-rail project is also expected to get the facility in near future.

Currently the Delhi-Chandigadh highway has nfc capable toll checkpoints and seem to be working reasonably well.

I wonder how successful NFC ticketing will be in India. What do you think?

Replies

• soni.sapan
    soni.sapan
    This the tech I was thinking of /
    dont know about NFC & checked it on google, seems like a very good technology with lots of advantages & we can use master & debit card with it . Then checked the list of mobile who supports it & I didnt find any mobile below 15k..
    This the tech I was thinking of & I think it ll take more years to be successful .
    country like U.K have already 30 million users who are using NFC

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I'm happy to announce that CrazyEngineers has partnered with the biggest science & engineering festival in the USA - USASEF 2014. CrazyEngineers has become a 'Krypton' level partner with...
Hello , Guys i'm doing MCA in PUNE . We want to introduce a new event in our college, our sir told us to introduce new event but he told...
how to create a project on water marking technique & what new & latest technology can add in that project
Want to share a small comic about the greatest geek who ever lived. He was the Tony Stark & Bruce wyane of his era. check it out https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla
hi friends i am baluchandran newly joined person in ce i am a software engineer ..