Hybrid Car

Friends I wanna make a Hybrid car from an old car in running condition.
Plz tell weather it is feasible if yes then some suggestion regarding this transformation are awaited .

โ€‹

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Brar
    Friends I wanna make a Hybrid car from an old car in running condition.
    Plz tell weather it is feasible if yes then some suggestion regarding this transformation are awaited .

โ€‹
    Brar, first of all, welcome to CE!

I congratulate you for selecting the wonderful project. Could you please details about your project. Mainly,

1. What kind of power sources are you planning to introduce into your hybrid car.
    2. You team size / budget.
    3. Details of existing old car

and other relevant details.
  • Brar
    Brar
    Sir, the old car would be bought according to the requirement of the design i.e. which needs least modifications (thinking of getting Maruti-800)
    Team size is 7 members and budget courd reach any amount but the project should be cost effective.
    Sir the thing I wd like to know is that is this idea feasible so that I may do more research over this project.
    Thank You.
  • pa1
    pa1
    i think hybrid cars should hav eletric generator & electrical energy storage sys along wit engine .so u hav to make sure that all thing fit into ur car..๐Ÿ˜Ž

anyway all the best ..........
    keep sharing ur ideas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • gnomic
    gnomic
    Sure, you can do it. It wont have much acceleration or distance, but it can be done. There are books on amazon.com that will tell you how, but basically you need a 48v electric motor with lots of torque and a lot of batteries. You build a adaptor plate to mount the engine to the tranmisison and hook up the batteries and electronics. Charge it up and go. You might want to consider a pickup truck as you might be able to put more batteries in it and modify it easier as small cars present challenges, bit it can be done.
  • gohm
    gohm
    small pick up truck is a good idea! (something like a Suburu Brat, Chevy luv or Dodge made a small one too) Also a hatch back car with the rear seat removed can make a good vehicle with easy battery access like a truck
  • Zak-47
    Zak-47
    Please tell what kind of internal combustion engine you wanna use. For easy setup i propose using a (diesel) engine, which is directly cconnectede to a generator. Then connect the generator to electric machine. So you can use combustine engine to get power and EM makes movement. But in every case you need to do some electric engineering tasks to get it work.
    What do you wanna reach?????
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Well i am working on a same project right now. There are different methods of installing an electric motor to increase the output of your car. The size of your engine is fine i.e. 800cc but i suggest use the alto one. Use the gear box of Alto(5 speed). Do not purchase an old car instead fabricate the body of the car yourself. Learn ProE, AutoCAD and Ansys. Instead of ProE you can also learn CATIA or SolidWorks but ProE is best compatible with Ansys which is used for analysis of your design. Make your car a 2 seater to save expense. For such a car a 10KW motor 144 V battery will be more then enough. The same battery is being used in Honda Insight and it is the most economical Hybrid car in the world which is in mass production. Read the engineering of the hybrid cars available right now and you will get many ideas from there. I will post more replies on my progress and the steps i took. Best of luck๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • bngelot
    bngelot
    The_Big_K
    Brar, first of all, welcome to CE!

I congratulate you for selecting the wonderful project. Could you please details about your project. Mainly,

1. What kind of power sources are you planning to introduce into your hybrid car.
    2. You team size / budget.
    3. Details of existing old car

and other relevant details.
    i will send like
  • gohm
    gohm
    Can't wait to read all about it & your success! Keep us posted.

bngelot
    i will send like
  • mdronsubbs
    mdronsubbs
    hello people......plzzzz enlighten me bt this cool project....can it b implemented on the bikes also???????biles lik the BULLET350 or YEZDI roadking n all.....plzzz share ur views n ideas.....thnks pals
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    mdronsubbs
    hello people......plzzzz enlighten me bt this cool project....can it b implemented on the bikes also???????biles lik the BULLET350 or YEZDI roadking n all.....plzzz share ur views n ideas.....thnks pals
    A hybrid vehicle means one that has more than one power source. The most common hybrid cars have two power mills. One is a petrol engine and the other is an electric motor. Since both are used to run the car therefore the load on each engine gets divided and the efficiency increases.
    And yes I think it can be implemented on bikes.

P.S.
    SMS language and extra dots are not tolerated at CE. Right complete words. For further details read the Newbie training thread. There are 4 lectures in all.
  • khooper
    khooper
    Main problem is figuring out a way to store large quantities of hydrogen safely and in a compact (and light) tank. You really don't want the risk of a BLEVE but it would make you proud if you would make that car. ๐Ÿ˜
    Yes, it has already been done by a couple people. Do a 'net search for some info. Not very practical at this early stage. Although a 350 and the like I think is too small of a bike framewise.

mdronsubbs

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We certainly miss our old friend on CE, CEan - A Sudhakar ! Let's wish him a very happy birthday. A Sudhakar celebrates his 23rd birthday today! ๐Ÿ˜€ Happy Birthday...
Anyone interested in or involved with air pollution dispersion modeling is invited to visit the website at: ........ Fundamentals Of Stack Gas Dispersion <== click here to learn about "Fundamentals...
CEans, We have been talking about re-organizing CE forums. Lately, we have grown and the aim of restructuring is to make the forum easier to understand. Since we cannot afford...

Hi

Hi everybody, I am Basu S , electrical but working purly mechanically.
hi people! I have made mistakes on very crucial moments of my life,thus landing into IT branch. well i wanna pursue quantum physics first as my foundation for Quantum computing....