HVAC - Clean rooms?

Hi. I've got a big problem. I recently graduated in mechanical engineering, and joined a Medical device manufacturin company.

I wish to know, what are the requirements of a Medical device clean room facility - ISO class 10,000 and 100,000. CFM, FPM, and other specifications.
We've hired a professional consultant, but since i'm still a trainee, and this does not come under my job profile, i am unable to approach him directly. He stays out of town, and comes over once a month. Rest everything is either over phone or email.

How to calculate duct sizing? How to select the right AHU.

i don't want to design any of it. I just want to understand how to get the maximum out of the consultant, to be able to actively participate in the process with my senior (who's not a mech engg), so i do feel a bit anxious to take charge and take over the project. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Replies

• initd
    initd
    Hey ronvieky,

You may want to check out the literature at contec's site:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • gohm
    gohm
    I've done a lot of HVAC so would be glad to help with any questions. I don't understand why you can't arrange a time to speak with the consultant when it is convenient for them? As you say you are not involved with the project and are just seeking general knowledge for you personally. How about the project manager? there are also some internet and book resources as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi. This is my second post in row, but a different topic this time. I'm stuck at a problem. Coming from a mechanical background, plastics and polymers seems far too...
Hello people...
Hi Guys i have got this idea out of my situation i face daily. In our office we dont have access to mobile phones 😔 , so its tuff to...
Hello every one ... I need some help in my Matlab project it's very Simple , but i'm beginner in the Matlab 😎 I hope that I get the answer...
​Sony just announced the rumored new motion controller for the PS3 -- the prototype looks like a wand with a color-changing ball on top. It's designed to work in conjunction...