HV Test in Isolators

Hi Everyone.

I am quite curious with digital isolators. I have read that these parts are being tested at a high voltage (kV) to ensure the durability and quality of devices over a life time. The HV testing includes Partial Discharge test and Leakage Test. If the supporting bodies such as UL, VDE and CSA are ignored/not be used as a point of "NOT POSSIBLE", is there a way that the breakdown of ions or forcing stresses in an isolators be possible? i.e. testing it in a lower voltage but longer period of time. Use a DC voltage? Or a way that it could be simulated in a laboratory without using a very large voltage?

Very important parameters in HV test:
1. Partial Discharge Test
2. Leakage Test

Here is an article i read regarding HV testing.
#-Link-Snipped-#

I hope you could help me on this. I am currently researching for my thesis and i would really apreciate it if you could throw some ideas and/or suggestions. Thanks. [​IMG]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nvidia has released an update for its TegraZone app for Android that lets you find games optimized for the Tegra 2, 3 and 4 processors. Used mostly for high-resolution screenshots,...
Well, last year when CEoM was released, a lot of enthusiasm was there in the community. A lot of traffic was fetched and a lot of people participated actively. Over...
Cornell University researchers from India and America namely Apoorva Kiran and Robert MacCurdy who are graduate students in mechanical engineering have been successful in 3D-printing of a Loudspeaker - a...
Hello Friends, I have registered on nextsteptcs.com since a one and a half month. But still i have not got any reply from there side. How will i come to...
Hey guys!! I need some help finding a project in digital communications, any ideas?!