hurricane

Here's hoping Kinetic Joules and all other CEans in TX,LA & MS have sought shelter and are safe from the hurricane. Let us know if you need anything.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I had a chat with KJ yesterday and she told me about Gustav. I hope she's safe. Yeah, please let us know if you need anything.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I went to college in Louisiana and lived there for awhile, sadly this is a one-two punch the area does not need after Katrina. I'm glad most people evacuated out this time.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I'm fine, you guys! I'm in the midst of it right now! My boyfriend lives in Lafayette, which is like 3 1/2 hours south of me (an hour 1/2 away from the shore) He's getting the worst of it! The worst hasn't gotten here yet!
  • gohm
    gohm
    glad it weakened a lot before coming ashore in LA. Still made quite a mess.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    My condolences to the relatives of people who lost their life in this natural disaster. Also to those who lost their houses and other things.
    Glad to know that KJ is fine. Let us know if we can do anything to help.
    The number of hurricanes have increased a lot in the past years. Personally speaking these may be due to the climatic changes that have happened because of the abuse of nature and its resources by humans and because of the pollution we have caused.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Stay safe, guys!

Yeah, pollution has a large effect on the global climate. But surprisingly, there are a significant number of people who claim otherwise (and remain stubbornly so). I don't get it.. its logical that is pollution bad. It doesn't matter if there is scientific proof or not linking to rises of temperature. Looks like people are more concerned with economic and political interests rather an environmental, unfortunately 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The idea of forming CE Entrepreneurs Club has been on my mind since long time. Lot of our CrazyEngineers are entrepreneurs, business owners, wannabe entrepreneurs etc. Many are looking for...
Now, since no one except Googlers know the algorithm, we won't be able to discuss it in detail. I believe we can still make an attempt to come up with...
hi, please give me an idea on wat topic can i do my 8th sem project. please suggest some very good aND advanced ideas wich can impress my hod.
I am 3rd year BE (eee) student. I want to attend a mini project contest in a week. could someone give me a better idea.
Hello all My name is Zach. I have a taken 3 years in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at Widener University and Penn College respectively. I had to take a break...