Hurd, GNU Micro-Kernel Project.

5 Days ago in FOSDEM 2013, HURD a GNU Micro-Kernel Project was presented.
Richard Stallman founded GNU Micro Kernel Project in the year 1983 known as HURD. It is predicted that HURD project finally will be up for desktops. GNU HURD's aim is to provide x86-64 architecture support.
An unofficial release of Debian/GNU Hurd "Wheezy" will be releasing this year.But it is assumed that Debian's "Jessie" wil release HURD micro-kernel in their next update which will kinda make it official as it will be included in Debian Live CD.

For more detail on benchmark result of Hurd Kernel versus Linux Kernel check this : #-Link-Snipped-#

These are old testings, full development testing is still to be done.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI All, Is anyone of us aware of any Framework that could be used for automation testing for devices i.e. smartphones & Tablets ? ( For example: For web testing...
By user oriented I mean a product that is people can and should use daily. Along with all the service oriented work we do, don't we have enough talent to...
Isearch after information about who the car can communicate with others cars and protocols for this?​I know that these subjects are new so they are several start ups and labs...
CCAvenue is one of the oldest names in the online credit card processing and net-banking transaction gateways. The new plan, called 'Economy Plan', has Zero Setup Fee, which might make...
Learn how to run HTML file in XAMPP in 4 easy steps that will take not more than 5 minutes of your time.