Human blood acts as mermister

Indian scientists found that the human blood has the property of MERMISTER'S.
They proved that human blood changes its electrical resistance depending on how much voltage is applied. It also seems to retain memory of this resistance for at least five minutes.

I am ready to explain about mermisters if any one interested in it.please raise your questions here

Replies

• praba230890
    praba230890
    As far as every Electrical and Electronics Engineer known that there are only three basic elements - resistor, capacitor, inductor. But now if you say the same answer then you are absolutely too old for an electronics engineer. From the moment the existence of the mermister is confirmed they were added as the fourth basic element. But, i think it's going to take time to include in Indian text books even about the invention of such element.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Blood is not a homogeneous fluid. It is interesting if there is the mermister effect. In developing biomedical devices with blood contact, it is known that surfaces with negative charge (glass for example) can trigger clotting. Semiconductor coatings like TiN seem to minimize this.
    See the first para on page 154: #-Link-Snipped-#

It is probably the red cells that act like mermisters.
    Can you please post a link?
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    Mermister is nothing but a MEMORY RESISTORS which is just a resistor with memory. This memory make's the mermister one of the hot topic as it remembers the voltage applied at last after the voltage supply is taken off. Now the RAM we are using in our computers are having volatile memory which looses its memory when voltage supply is taken off. If we use mermister materials in RAM then the problem of rebooting won't be there. You don't need to wait for minutes to switch on your computer(BOOTING) as the mermisters have memory they remember the previous state(voltage).

Another fact - neurons in our brain also a sort of mermister....
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    bioramani
    Blood is not a homogeneous fluid. It is interesting if there is the mermister effect. In developing biomedical devices with blood contact, it is known that surfaces with negative charge (glass for example) can trigger clotting. Semiconductor coatings like TiN seem to minimize this.
    See the first para on page 154: #-Link-Snipped-#

It is probably the red cells that act like mermisters.
    Can you please post a link?
    I'm sorry....i cannot find any free links. All i have is paid subscriptions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MAKING 50 WATTS BULB FROM WATER BOTTLE(zero electricity needed) just i found a cool method of light harvesting which is very cheap and amazing. Using just a 2 liter bottle(plastic...
Hi all, i want to build a solar tracker, which will have a platform, which will rotate in azimuth direction according to sun motion. The platform should have max tangential...
We covered Google Wallets yesterday on VoiCE, and now its in news that, PayPal and eBay have filed lawsuit against Google charging that the Internet giant tapped into trade secrets...
its my final project nd i desperately need someone guidenss ,plzz ,my project title is "Drawing through hand gesture recognition",,so if anyone ,plz help me with it ,its in matlab...
Long Term Scheduler ensures the proper mix of IO bound and CPU bound jobs in the ready Queue. Can anyone please tell me how this LTS decided which is IO...