HR Question

What if HR asks this?

You didn't completed your work within the deadline since you got some technical problem in your company and the client is shouting at you and abusing you? What will you do?

Replies

• Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    If this is the situation, I would convince the client and ask for an extension of date.
    I would ask him to step inside my room, close the door, allow him to speak fully. Then I would explain my situation in a calm and decent manner.
    I would also say that almost 95% of his work is completed and the remaining shall be completed in one or two days.
    I would say that our company's reputation is well known and this has not happened before. I would assure him that such a mistake would not happen hereafter and request him to extend his deadline.
    I am sure that after this private conversation, he would be convinced and he would grant us a few days extension.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Sometimes private conversation works as Biggie told 😀
  • preethijuno
    preethijuno
    i ll say to himi feel this is very justifyable situation for me when i see this from your point,and i am too sure you feel my situation is also a justifyable one when you feel my situation in my point.becoz i dont ignore errors when they are detected.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sahithi pallavi
    What if HR asks this?

You didn't completed your work within the deadline since you got some technical problem in your company and the client is shouting at you and abusing you? What will you do?
    Let me jump into the discussion and add few points.

Typically, that question would never get asked, and if it does, it would come from a team lead or project manager. HR are usually not directly involved in dealing with clients and daily operations of the team, interaction with the client. The deadlines are set not by client but through mutual discussion between the client and the team (In typical Indian IT services industry). Once the deadlines are set, everyone involved is informed well in advance.

Also, if the deadlines are to be missed, the clients would know about it in advance and also suitable reasons would be provided. The questions will be answered by team lead or project manager and not by the junior level engineer working on the project. In case of a direct miss from a junior level employee, team lead and project manager will guide him/her along with other colleagues, team mates.

I'm quite sure that what all students imagine about professional world is totally different from what it actually is. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Guys If anybody has information related to neuclear-cytoplasmic ratio (the actual values for the 3 stages of cervical cancer(i.e HSIL LSIL and normal) please help me out here .any...
CEans, Good news for all the CEans who access CE via mobile devices. We'll soon have a mobile style for CE. I've carried out few tests but there are few...
1.How to disagree your boss?? 2.How would you react if your colleague ask your help in work when you are already overloaded? Share your answers here!
Difficult to believe, huh? Even I gave the same reaction after finding this thing out. Scientists from the University of Southampton claim to have developed a control system which give...
A start-up company by the name of Whisper Systems, has developed two brand new mobile applications which will provide features like secret and encrypted communication to political dissidents and protesters...