HP's Desktop Models Slimline S5, Pavilion P7 And H8 To Be Out Soon

Hewlett-Packard (HP) after it let out the new notebooks and the netbooks is now set to release its 3 new desktop series. Named as lSimline S5, Pavilion P7 and Pavilion HPE H8 are expected to hit the US markets by the 15th of the next month. The earlier versions of these products were given a total makeover so as to keep up with the changing customer needs and preference trends.

Heart of the computers, the processors, have been upgraded to Intel’s Sandy Bridge or AMD phenom processors where the customer has a choice to select one amongst the two according to his needs. The Slimline, P7 and H8 make up the lower segment, mid segment and top line desktops. The Slimline range can come fitted with i5 or i7 processors. It provides for 4 SIMM slots and thus its upto the customer, he can even get a 32(GB) RAM for his machine. The design however does not provide for an SSD. It also provides for graphics card slots, allowing those which can work well within the max. power rating of 250(W). It has a slot for the DVDs that is vertically mounted which is contrary to the general case and at times somewhat pestering. The market price of the basic model is said to be around $330.

The mid segment Pavilion P7 is said to start at $299 when it rolls out but this price can be decisive, as the ones with decent components fitted in it will not cost you a cent less than $599 with the top end at $650. The processor options are same as for the Simline. No more details could be revealed about this line but the wait is not long and we would hear about it soon.

#-Link-Snipped-#

The mighty Pavilion HPE P8, has some exciting features though and they talk a lot about its capaciousness. It has three 3.5’ drives that can be configured as per the customer’s wish. The computer has a rated maximum power supply of 600(W). This enables it to incorporate any of the graphics cards without worrying much about the power requirements (yes, even Nvidia GTX 580).  The processor can even be an Intel i7 extreme edition processor which alone saps 130(W). The six DIMM slots can get you upto 48(GB) of RAM. I wonder where we need that much, but this desktop can get it for you irrespective of the actual needs. It also has USB 3.0 and RCA audio and video ports, properly hidden ensuring that they do not mar the mighty’s looks. However the funny thing is that ht has a horizontal band of red light that can be a bit distracting at times but it well depicts the power of this one. Again, basic model available at $599 but the loaded one can cost you even two grand.

These new lines of desktops looks fabulous at the first sight and the looks are also quite impressive. The performance facet is yet to be explored but I do not doubt looking at the configurations. The models are just about to make their place in the market shelves, start looking out.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The BMW Group was awarded four prizes for BMW ConnectedDrive in “Plus X Award”, which is an annual, internationally renowned technology competition. BMW took home awards related not only to...
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) informs that the launch of GSAT-8 satellite has been delayed by one day. The satellite was scheduled to launch in the early hours of May...
If you don't know a thing about Memristors, we strongly recommend reading "Memristor Technology Explained". The technology is so new that even the spell checker marks a red line below...
After a delay of some weeks, the countdown has begun at the Kennedy space centre as “Endeavour” is all set and scheduled to launch on Monday at 8:56 am again...
A lot of people use laptops, tablets and e-reader’s these days, but it’s difficult to carry all the three of them, so one has to make a choice as which...