HP Stream 8 Tablet India Launch Happens - Specs And Price Revealed

A new tablet featuring the Windows 8.1 operating system has arrived in India as HP Stream 8 makes it way on across e-commerce portals in the nation. The Wi-Fi enabled tablet comes with a 8-inch capacitive touch screen that has a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and supports 16.7 M Colors. Powered by a Intel Atom Bay Trail 1.8 GHz Quad-Core processor, the HP Stream 8 specs list 32 GB internal storage (which is the available user memory & may be lower on-device due to default pre-installed apps and the OS) as well as microSD card support up to 32 GB. That makes it a powerful tablet with features that make it worth considering.

On the rear end of the tab, you will find a 5 megapixel snapper, whereas on the front there's a 2 megapixel camera situated in its usual location suitable for making video calls back home. The tablet has a slot for inserting a single SIM card that supports 2G: GSM and 3G: UMTS. At 8.9 mm the tablet looks pretty thing and weighs about 410 g. Take a look at the tablet's front and rear.

hp_stream_8_tablet-india-launch
Coming to the connectivity features, the HP Stream 8 has WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth v4 and USB 2.0 on its plate. A huge 4000 mAh lithium ion battery keeps the engine alive and support for GPS, G-sensor, Accelerometer, built-in speaker and a microphone keep the basics under check. Flipkart mentions that the HP Stream 8 tablet on purchasing comes with a one year manufacturer warranty, so that's there.

With that we come to the end of all the specs and features that come along with the new Windows tablet in India. E-commerce portal Flipkart has listed the tablet with a price tag of Rs. 16,990 as the MRP. What are your thoughts on the newcomer in the Windows 8.1 tablet segment in India? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A pretty decent entry into tablet with windows OS but price seems little high.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to share a very bad incidence which happened with me in 2013. While staying in Pune, during my absence (I was in office), someone theft my laptop and...
I logged in to CE today to contribute something since contributions my end because absolute last year, SO instead of I am back or some other posts i think this...
I just want to ask that if the scheduling algorithm by JRE is priority scheduling since the threads are executed on the basis of their priority ,then is time slicing...
Quote: NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) will unveil and demonstrate Quell, a novel wearable pain relief device at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics show (CES) January 6-9 in Las Vegas. Quell...
Hi all... Need some guidance regarding cdac Dvlsi course.. My C-CAT Rank is 770 and 327 mems are above my rank for dvlsi.. Can I expect admission in CDAC PUNE?...