HP Elitebook & Probook Launched In India At Prices 90k & 39k Respectively

Hewlett packard (HP) the name almost synonymous with laptops and desktop computers in India has announced two new machines for Indian professionals - the HP Elitebook Revolve 810 and the HP Probook 430 G1. The price of these machines is Rs. 90,000 and Rs. 39,000 respectively. Preloaded with Windows 8, these machines are being targeted at the professionals who're always on the move and require enhanced computing power. Let's take a look at these machines one by one, their specs & whether they offer bang for the money.

The Elitebook Revolve 810 is a beautiful looking machine that is sleeker and more portable among the two newly launched machines. The machine weighs about 1.36 kilograms and offers an 11.6" touchscreen display. We were disappointed by the resolution this screen offers, which is 1366x768 pixels. The good thing about the machine is that it is convertible and can be laid flat on the surface - turning it into a tablet. The machine packs with 4GB RAM, but if you want more, you can add up to 12GB of memory. In addition, there's Intel Graphics 4000, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and SSD Drive for faster performance.

hp-elitebook

The HP Probook 430 G1 offers 13.3" display with 1366x768 pixel display and the company plans to make this laptop available in variety of configurations. Buyers will be able to pick processors viz. Core i3, i5 or i7 depending upon their need and have a choice between a regular HDD or SSD along with RAM upgrade to about 16GB. An interesting addition, is the inbuilt 3G; which will eliminate the need of carrying a separate dongle for Internet connectivity on the move.

Our opinion: The Elitebook does not offer the hardware to impress; given the price HP has set. It offers a quality keyboard and a fast SSD; but the battery life, according to various battery tests is average. The HP Probook looks like just another laptop, but the ability to configure it according to your needs is interesting. We have no idea about the overall effect on the pricing of the machine when custom configurations are added.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Probook owns here. We were discussing about in built 3g in laptops a few days ago. This is it. For elitebook, I am shocked being a HP user myself that they over priced it. Only on the flexible design, it is not justified to sell at 90k price. Something around 70k would have been fine.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Probook is a must watch and other features of 810 is not so wide. Who would want to share their laptops screen anyway👎

Revolving screen is not stable in crash tests as well So not suited for stubborn and enduring usage.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    we can get mac book air at that price which performs pretty much better than this one!!!!!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes I completely agree with Nayan Goenka.The only thing that keeps me eager is 3G inbuilt feature and to be frank It is really overpriced.
    I can go for other laptops with better features at this high pricetag.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the career growth as a software tester in networking company?
Before the advent of the smartphones, feature phone makers went crazy with their designs but when the touch screens arrived, designers had to stick to the almost the same design....
Hand of a Thief is a new malware in the world of Linux operating systems that's targeting user's bank accounts. According AVAST antivirus, the malware is a Linux Trojan that...
Gionee, the Chinese mobile maker has launched Gionee P2 phone in India with a price tag of Rs. 6499. Of course, this is an entry-level smartphone that comes with dual-SIM...
Fleep is a new startup from Estonia that's aiming to bridge the gap between email and messaging. Launched by engineers who earlier worked at Skype, you can trust the team...