HP and Dell trying to seek 3Par

Hewlett-Packard Co and Dell Inc are both trying to buy data-storage provider 3 Par Inc.

A little information about 3Par:

3Par makes and sells storage utilities, or groups of specialized computers designed to store data that are frequently updated. The company has technology for what's known as thin provisioning, the ability to dole out only as much storage space as necessary at any given moment, with the ability to quickly scale up or down depending on the conditions.

With cloud-based storage services, Dell or HP would operate the storage machines on behalf of their customers. The thin provisioning from 3Par would help Dell or HP use expensive storage hardware more efficiently by sharing it among multiple customers.

The company sells its products to Web companies including Ask.com, IAC, MySpace.com, Priceline.com, US Census Bureau, Credit Suisse and Verizon Business.

3Par also announced an intention to terminate its merger agreement with Dell. However, a Dell spokesman said that Dell has the right to match HP's offer for three business days and is weighing its options.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Peter Bentley invented the 'iStethoscope' application which monitors heartbeat through sensors in the iPhone as just a bit of fun. And, more than three million doctors across the world are...
Japan’s National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) just announced this new technology that they have been working on. Dubbed i3Space, this will allow people to experience 3D...
I read in newspaper that, Software companies are finding that a rising number of engineering and management graduates are transferring their affections to vocations such as manufacturing and banking -...
hey any one please help me with my topic that is VEHICLE IMMOBILIZATION SYSTEM. i need info about remote controlling a vehicle, immobilizing it and gps tracking of the same.
Obviously, the choice depends on personal taste; however, I need information on difference between LED TV & LCD TVs. From what I've gathered by reading few articles on the Internet...