HP 7 Plus Tablet Launched In The US; Runs Android Jelly Bean On A Quad Core Processor For $99.99

After launching a few mid-range HP Slate 6 And Slate 7 Sport Same Features In Different Sizes and HP VoiceTab Slate 6 And Slate 7 Announced - Phablets Just Got Bigger HP has ventured into the entry-level segment with its latest Android tablet. The HP 7 Plus Tablet is the most affordable tablet from the American manufacturer as it comes with a $100 price tag. On first look, we can immediately notice that HP has designed the seven inch tablet with bigger bezels, especially at the bottom just to showcase the company name. The larger bezels manage to overshadow the 7" WVA IPS panel display which has a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. The company has opted to go for the older version of Android (Jelly Bean) instead of latest, KitKat. The computing power for the tablet is provided by a 1GHz quad-core ARM-Cortex A7 processor which is complemented by a 1GB DDR3 SDRAM.

HP 7 Plus 1
HP 7 Plus 2 HP 7 Plus 3 HP 7 Plus 4 HP 7 Plus 5

HP has been wise enough to ship the tablet with 8GB of internal storage and of course a microSD card slot which can accommodate cards of up to 32GB. HP 7 Plus comes with a 2MP camera on the rear and a 0.3MP one on the front. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi with Miracast and microUSB. There is no mention of any Bluetooth in the #-Link-Snipped-#. The tablet is powered by a 2800 mAh Lithium Polymer battery that is claimed by the company to last for 5 and a half hours. The tablet measures 7.58 x 4.8 x 0.32 inches and weighs less than 300 grams. To sweeten the deal, HP has thrown in free lifetime cloud storage of 25 GB from Box. Global availability dates are being still awaited.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    It would be good if Hp offers 3G option with few more dollars !!!
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I differ on this #-Link-Snipped-#

I believe, this device is going to rock the entry level tablet market. In $100 i.e. 5800/- INR HP is offering you 7 inch tablet with 1GHz quad-core ARM-Cortex A7 processor which is complemented by a 1GB DDR3 SDRAM. They offered the 8GB internal memory too.

For internet connectivity anyways HP is providing Wi-FI options. I would love to try my hands over this. A bit disappointment thing was the android jelly bean, HP should have plan to ship the device with Kit-Kat.

Anyways, for me it is still more than worth.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As per recent news, the Gorakhpur-bound Gorakhdham express rammed with the goods train near Chureb railway station in Sant Kabir Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh. Atleast 10 are feared to...
The engineers at NASA have been long working on developing technology that can enable sending live animals into the space and on other planets. This time the news has it...
Can a B.Tech CSE student with a CGPA 5.9(less than 60%) with 126 (AIR) be selected in PSU COmpany?
All the following video cover is nothing but the basics which you already know. But 'reinforcement' is kind of magical. If you are a wannabe entrepreneur or an entrepreneur going...
As most of you know CE Community runs on Xenforo platform. I was wondering if we can have something like a "Coding Marathon" or "Programming Challenge" for developers here on...