How will you rank top laptop brands for a specific price range ?
If we specify three price ranges :
Then which laptop brands serves us with the best laptops in each price range? Please rank various brands and specify the parameters that you have chosen to rank them so.
(The price is in INR)Posted in: #Gadgets
While ranking laptops, I would suggest you go with a more realistic approach rather than a purely price based approach.
1. What does one need the laptop for? Just watching movies and browsing, Normal work (MS Office plus Browser), Advanced Office Work (MS Office plus Browser and couple of heavy software), Movie Editing (Using Adobe Premiere, After Effects, etc) OR to use with minimum shutdowns (sort of like a make shift server).
2. Is one looking for Return on Investment as a parameter? OR does one just have the money to buy an expensive laptop?
Once you've figured that out. The next step would be:-
1. How long does one want to use the laptop? And how often would you be changing it for a newer version? Let's be honest, in this day and age you won't use a laptop for more than 3 years or at max 5 years (if you're a highly productive user)
- Configurations and usability varies when considering these factors.
2. Are you going to be carrying the laptop around a lot or would it be used on a desk 90% of the time.
- Build quality is a must for laptops that have to face a lot of travel and on-the-go usage. Another factor would be the light-weightedness, compactness without compromising quality of performance and battery life.
3. Are you the head of a company?
- If so brand value could matter in front of clientele.