1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

How will you handle conflicts within your team? How to answer this question in interview?

Question asked by Abhilasha NA in #Career Help on Jan 18, 2020
Abhilasha NA
Abhilasha NA · Jan 18, 2020
Rank D3 - MASTER

It's good that team members are giving their opinions.It shows that they are active.This conflict of opinion paves a way for discussion.My work is to take the discussion in the right direction.All the points must be discussed.

Is this a right answer?

Posted in: #Career Help
bill yorke
bill yorke · Jan 19, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Conflict cannot be avoided in team settings but can only be reduced or be such kind of conflicts that can be termed as " constructive", that is primarily ideological and logically correct for the respective parties. whenever a conflict arises it is advisable that you don't take any sides and avoid outright judgement. Conflicted parties should be encouraged to speak of their conflicts with the team leader and if no workable resolution results, the parties can be allowed sometime away from the group.

supriya VN gowda
supriya VN gowda · Jan 19, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

To avoid conflicts in your team try to listen to their words first and try to tell them your opinion on that topic. If your team does not agree with your words and if you know that you are correct then try to convince them. If they don't agree then try to question them why they are correct and what made them to  be very confident on their answer and if you are convinced by their words then their won't be any conflict in your team.

Don't think always you are correct sometimes they may be correct think in a positive way and if you think they are correct then do not try tell them they are wrong and you are correct.   

Kavya Burramolla
Kavya Burramolla · Jan 21, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

In my view conflicts cannot be avoided then can only be controlled. When we are working in a team of people it’s not the ability that matters but the mentality does. People with different mindset share the common point called project and it’s vision. There comes a key factor - coordination. If team coordination is missed out then it’s difficult to provide the expected outcomes.

In my view the main reason for the team conflicts is not the difference in ideas but difference in projection. The way they convey to all the members of the team matter a lot. Super one in a team cannot show up team success if other four(assume a team of 5) are not really interested in outcomes. Many of the organisations face this issue and educational institutions taking this point into consideration started conducting college events, fests, and all so that people start realising the importance of it. It’s so simple when we see but bit difficult when handling. 

saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Jan 21, 2020
Rank B3 - LEADER

If the conflict can be solved with data , that's the best way to resolve it. Let's say we are coming up with a new project and conflict has to be resolved between Java and dot net, in this case first look at your skill set in the team ( one data point) second existing infrastructure supports what (second) third cost. And you can come up with list to see which one is better.

Other kind of conflict is appraisal rating, if we discuss with our manager for my team members and other person's team members and believe me it's the toughest to actually convince people about that. So here again get your data points ready that way you can talk with data instead of talking in air.

Other kind of conflicts where people argue without a point, they can never be resolved since people argue just like that. So better leave them alone :)

I was part of a lot of conflicts at work and each conflict has a different way to deal with but important point in any conflict collect the necessary data. That way no one can deny the facts.

In God we trust, other bring data. - W.Edward.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up