How will superconductors working at room temperature change our lives?

Here's a small exercise for your brains. Superconductors have been the holy grail for most of the researchers because of its potential to change our lives. This discussion is dedicated to listing out all the things that'll change in our lives if the superconductor gets discovered?

Start listing and also provide appropriate reasoning 😀

Replies

• Siddhant Mukherjee
    Siddhant Mukherjee
    We could be able to use very thin wires for electrical power transmission. Due to this a lot of material will be saved in wiring saving thousands of tons of metal and energy to process wiring.

Also the power transmission lines waste a lot of energy in heat. This loss will be saved by use of superconductors. This means, power plants either will have to work less for same amount of energy transfer or if they work in the same way there will be no energy shortage in the world.

Directly or indirectly, superconductors would be saving energy which is base for life.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, my name is Shyam and I did my bachelors in Computer Science from Ruparel college back in 2004. So yes, I am not an engineer though I hope...
While the existing 3D printers find their raw materials in plastic and rubber, the recently announced Mark One 3D chews a tougher bread- carbon fiber. Designed by Gregory Mark, this...
Hi Everyone. I am quite curious with digital isolators. I have read that these parts are being tested at a high voltage (kV) to ensure the durability and quality of...
Nvidia has released an update for its TegraZone app for Android that lets you find games optimized for the Tegra 2, 3 and 4 processors. Used mostly for high-resolution screenshots,...
Well, last year when CEoM was released, a lot of enthusiasm was there in the community. A lot of traffic was fetched and a lot of people participated actively. Over...