How to use time constructively before joining date?

I am a Civil Engineering graduate and already have a job in my desired domain. However, I also have a couple of months before the joining date and I was wondering how I should use it constructively. Any ideas on this?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First of all, congratulations and welcome again (you haven't been very active). Everyone's definition of 'constructive' is different; so you are bound do get multiple advices here.

Some of the constructive things you may do:-
    • Backpack to a new place either within or out of the country.
    • Get into sports or any activity that you can later develop into a hobby. Will stay with you all your life.
    • Read through all your engineering books for fun. This is going to refresh all your basics and ensure that your entry into the professional world is smooth.
    • Learn a programming language for fun.
    • Get active on the Internet that does not include Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
    • Learn CAD / CAM
    • Take a course on public speaking, soft skills etc. Even if you're good at it; you can always learn something new.
  • Tushar92
    Tushar92
    Hello sir,
    Thanks for the ideas. I didn't find discussions that could interest me, that's why wasn't much active. I do visit the website at least once a day to read through the forums
    I will try most of the things you mentioned except maybe reading engineering books again 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tushar92
    except maybe reading engineering books again 😛
    That's why I said - read them for fun. When I look at my engineering books now, everything looks very interesting. I'm surprised I thought electrical machines was the most boring subject for electrical engineers.

All the best.

PS: If you don't find discussions interesting to you; start one. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook keeps reminding us time and again that they are serious about their user's privacy and security. In a new experimental feature introduced only a couple of days back, Facebook...
Android Auto brings all the cool features of the operating system & its apps to your car. In an announcement made at Google I/O, Indian auto giant Mahindra & Mahindra...
hi, i am deepshikha kaushal and i have completed my b-tech (electronics and communication) in 2014. i got 62% in my engg career. i am looking forward to take a...
The mid-budget smartphone Samsung's Galaxy Series 'Core Prime' has made its way to the Indian shores. The Dual SIM 4G smartphone has a 4.5 inch TFT display with 480 x...
Hii , i am currently working as a developer in SAP in an IT firm. I recently got an offer letter from an electronics company (offering almost double the current...