how to use a crystal oscillator?????

Hi crazy engineers ...!!!!!
I am going to make a SIM reader circuit . I have the design of the circuit . In this circuit there is a crystal that must generate pulses that must be used as the clock input of the SIM . But when I simulate this circuit By Orcade the clock input of the SIM is a constant voltage . I think the circuit that runs the crystal is wrong . I need a circuit to run the crystal correctly so that I see a square pulse at the clock input of the SIM. please help me !!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜’

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sepehr_blue_sky
    Hi crazy engineers ...!!!!!
    I am going to make a SIM reader circuit . I have the design of the circuit . In this circuit there is a crystal that must generate pulses that must be used as the clock input of the SIM . But when I simulate this circuit By Orcade the clock input of the SIM is a constant voltage . I think the circuit that runs the crystal is wrong . I need a circuit to run the crystal correctly so that I see a square pulse at the clock input of the SIM. please help me !!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜’
    Crystal generated the frequency automatically. Can you please share your circuit on which you are working right now?
  • sepehr_blue_sky
    sepehr_blue_sky
    At first I have to ask you please forgive me because of my bad English writing .....I know my English is bad so don't laugh at me .
    the part of my circuit that is my problem is :
    [โ€‹IMG]

I place a resistor at the end of this part of circuit and when I plot the voltage diagram I see it is constant ......Is this circuit wrong ?
    another question : you say crystal generates frequency automatically !!! how does it work ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    you say crystal generates frequency automatically !!! how does it work ?
    I mean whenever you connect crystal with Microcontroller you need not to connect any other think yeah that capacitor of 22pf is required now this crystal generates Clock so in your case crystal is doing the same thing. what waveform you are getting when you trace at pin number 3?
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    What are you using to measure the voltage at the clock input? And what voltage are you reading?

If you are using a multimeter it would probably show a constant voltage at half your Vcc because that is the average of the low (0V) to high(5V) transitions. The multimeter is not fast enough to read at those frequencies.
  • sepehr_blue_sky
    sepehr_blue_sky
    At pin number 3 I see the constant voltage near zero .......
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I have not make circuit practically yet.... I simulated it in Orcad and ploted the voltage versus time and I saw a constant voltage near 5 volt .
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sepehr_blue_sky
    At pin number 3 I see the constant voltage near zero .......
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I have not make circuit practically yet.... I simulated it in Orcad and ploted the voltage versus time and I saw a constant voltage near 5 volt .
    As said by Everett,

Which component you are using to measure the voltage? USE Oscilloscope if available in ORCAD.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Genius here,i need your help seriously. My supervisor want me to take "blind audio guidance system"as my final year project.But it involves a lot of thing that i don't know.Do...
Hi guys, one day before sleeping i was thinking of all sorts of methods i could use to generate electricity and i came across this it happens that you take...
Hi to all, I am planning to buy a 3DTV for myself after watching it at one of my friends place. Although i liked the experience,the issues like dizziness,headaches is...
Samsung Galaxy S II in India to be launched on 9th June, 2011 in all major retail outlets. Specifications of Galaxy S2, as you might already know, are: Super AMOLED...
hi guys i am an 8th grader in the doon school to check out my invention in detail on this link https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum.../43569-my-invention-infinite-electricity.html๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ญ