How to transfer our data(of oracle) from one computer to another ?

Hello friends,
Anybody have idea how to transfer our data(of database like mysql,oracle) from one computer to another(except by creating backup).

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @mohit: We can export data in mysql and use the .sql file on another computer.

I hope I got your question right.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    @AKD are you sure because i have tried this.I created many tables in a database named mysql.Then copied my mysql folder from "F:\mysql\data" and paste it on the other computer data dir.But still i am not able to access the tables(datas).
    Please do some fast reply friends.Tomorrow i have to submit my web app cd.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What I mean't was, go to phpmyadmin> choose your database> select all tables> go to export option on top and press go.

A .sql file of your project will be created. When you move to another computer, run the queries inside the .sql file in the phpmyadmin and you get the replica of the database within minutes.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    hmm thanks AKD for your help.
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Mohit,

Ok so you wanna transfer the data from Oracle table to another oracle table right ? use export and import commands in oracle which allows you to export the data from an oracle database and import for importing the datas to an oracle database. but make sure you have the same user name and password for both the oracle databases because the ownership of the table is also copied when you use export or import option.

If you want any more help on command please feel free to ask!! 😉

-Arvind
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Mohit, if its mysql you are looking for, then simply use mysqldump.

If you are thinking about migrating tablespaces from one db to another (mysql to ora), then either you use some plug-in for data importing in oracle or you export everything in .sql format.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google has introduced the world's first online global science competition, the Google Science Fair! Google has partnered with CERN, LEGO, National Geographic and Scientific American to create a new kind...
Earthquake rocks Delhi and North India at IST 5.02 PM. The magnitude of the quake is about 5.7 on Richter Scale. The center of the quake is said to be...
Hello friends, I am trying host my code in a hosting site www.my3gb.com My code is working fine with my pc but not when i hosted there....Look at this code......
I have always wondered what must be the procedure to get inside the Facebook Headquarters. Next to Google, Facebook has the most impressive office space and the employees there seem...
I thought of compiling all the various designations engineers get in IT companies, their meaning and the type of job engineers perform at various designations. I'm sure it would help...