how to start with servlets ???

how to compile the servlets program?
what should i need for that ?
how to run servlet program?
how to download tomcat server(actually i visited their site but don't know the appropiate link)?

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    If you use netbeans It would be better...You can easily compile and run..
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    ms_cs
    If you use netbeans It would be better...You can easily compile and run..
    I am new to servlets so tell me what to use?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @ms_cs In order to make them running in Netbeans also, he need to download Apache tomcat before installing netbeans right?

@sahil Anyways don't go directly for netbeans if you are not familiar with it,

1. better download latest apache tomcat from following link

Apache Downloads

Click on "zip" option provided in "Binary Distribution" heading at the end of the page shown by above link.

2. You will get a zip file, then extract that file in any of your drives or directory.Then to start up your apache tomcat server-run startup.bat file in bin folder of Apache Tomcat installed directory.
    3. Go to browser and type #-Link-Snipped-#
    4. It will show a web page of tomcat with a "tiger"pic in it. This means your tomcat is installed correctly and started.
    5. To shut down this server, again go to bin directory of your Apache tomcat installed folder and double click on shutdown.bat.
    6. Your server will stop.

You can also refer Complete Reference (even this forum also) for servlets. Check following thread also:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

If still any queries, feel free to ask. We will try our best to help you 😀

Thanks
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    shalini_goel14
    @ms_cs In order to make them running in Netbeans also, he need to download Apache tomcat before installing netbeans right?

@sahil Anyways don't go directly for netbeans if you are not familiar with it,

1. better download latest apache tomcat from following link

Apache Downloads

Click on "zip" option provided in "Binary Distribution" heading at the end of the page shown by above link.

2. You will get a zip file, then extract that file in any of your drives or directory.Then to start up your apache tomcat server-run startup.bat file in bin folder of Apache Tomcat installed directory.
    3. Go to browser and type #-Link-Snipped-#
    4. It will show a web page of tomcat with a "tiger"pic in it. This means your tomcat is installed correctly and started.
    5. To shut down this server, again go to bin directory of your Apache tomcat installed folder and double click on shutdown.bat.
    6. Your server will stop.

You can also refer Complete Reference (even this forum also) for servlets. Check following thread also:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

If still any queries, feel free to ask. We will try our best to help you 😀

Thanks
    Thanks a lot shalini
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    now after extracting files of tomcat when i click on startup.bat file,dos prompt comes and suddenly disappears without doing anything.Now after that when i wrote in the browser #-Link-Snipped-# ,nothing happens .should i be connected to net while writting #-Link-Snipped-#?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    sahilgandhi87
    now after extracting files of tomcat when i click on startup.bat file,dos prompt comes and suddenly disappears without doing anything.Now after that when i wrote in the browser #-Link-Snipped-# ,nothing happens .should i be connected to net while writting #-Link-Snipped-#?
    Sorry Sahil, I guess some problem with CE editing options, I typed #-Link-Snipped-# and it become cPanel and blah blah non sense.😐

Type #-Link-Snipped-# and then try and let me know if any issues.You don't need to be connected to Internet.

Thanks
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    sahilgandhi87

Just hover your mouse over #-Link-Snipped-# and at the bottom left of ths screen you will see its #-Link-Snipped-#

-CRazy
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    shalini_goel14
    Sorry Sahil, I guess some problem with CE editing options, I typed #-Link-Snipped-# and it become cPanel and blah blah non sense.😐

Type #-Link-Snipped-# and then try and let me know if any issues.You don't need to be connected to Internet.

Thanks
    It's ok now..
  • sahilgandhi87
    sahilgandhi87
    crazyboy
    Just hover your mouse over #-Link-Snipped-# and at the bottom left of ths screen you will see its #-Link-Snipped-#

-CRazy

thanks for ur suggestion

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A great site for electronics people is born today!!! Go to you'll be glad for this hint. regards
😒 hello, i need a consultant (small and yet experienced) to then place my project within the capable hands of a consultant (large and yet still working prototypes) to achieve...
Wishing CEan vinod12345madhu 😁HaPpy Birthday😁 May your dreams come true and you rock the world! ​
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I searched for prior threads but came across none which were relevant. So here goes. I am looking for an old Octagon Systems CPU,...
​ We're not sure if these are false color images, weird lighting, a Finnish sense of humor, or an actual production color scheme for the N97, but regardless, we like...