How to start to become a software developer ? Which language should I know for coding?

i want to learn coding for software development and i am new at it , i don't have any knowledge of language but i want to start , i am B.tech ECE  . and i want to work in MNC like Wipro , TCS Infosys etc . Please help.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Welcome to CrazyEngineers, #-Link-Snipped-#. In order to become a software developer, you'll need to understand how programming languages work. C++, Java or Python are good languages to start your programming journey. Contrary to popular opinion, I'd say it does not matter which programming language you learn. The general tendency is to find out which is the 'hottest' language in the market, and then learn it. 

But don't go that way. Start with the languages that have been around for a while. If you want to pick just one, my suggestion would be to go with Java. There's plenty of help available online so you can make a good progress. 

Start by building small projects on your own, using existing frameworks and libraries, and build a portfolio of your work on GitHub. Also make sure that you learn front-end technologies like JavaScript (Vue or Angular) and understand how SQL works. 

If you do that, you'd be ahead of 99% of the graduating workforce in India, thus, maximising your chances of getting recruited in your dream company.

PS: Getting a job in Infosys or Wipro or TCS requires additional skills -

1. Ability to crack written tests (aptitude + logical reasoning)

2. Good command over English language

3. Ability to crack technical / HR rounds of selection process. 

I hope this helps. Wish you all the best. 

• Vijay Kumar
    Vijay Kumar

Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# for your suggestion . i will try to start with what you have mentioned above.#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any chance of opting for MS  from aboard or  M.tech from India?
I have completed my class12.Now  I am doing with engineering cse branch.what should I learn ?so I can be at a good position in future.
I'm a long term user of BSNL FTTH broadband service, using it for several years. However, BSNL is doing it super 'wrong' these days. They've launched the Fibro Combo ULD...