How to start placements preparation?

Sir! I am EEE student. i have my placements in July. I am totally confused from where should i start my preparation with. Can you please help me with this!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved to a new discussion thread.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Have you tried taking any aptitude tests? Any idea which companies are visiting campus? What are your weak points?
  • Rhea Indra
    Rhea Indra
    yah.. i am just practicing aptitude and tcs infy cogni delloite are some of the companies which will be visiting. dont know about weak points ..dats wat i am not prepared with.. answering the interview questions. i have a good cgpa but i am not confident for the placements!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rhea Indra
    dats wat i am not prepared with.. answering the interview questions
    We've a lot of discussions on how to handle the interviews for campus placements. Do take a look at them and you should be all okay.

Your first hurdle to clear will be aptitude tests. Make sure that you take mock aptitude tests and prepare yourself for the Interviews. Cracking technical interviews should be easy if you know programming and stuff you learned during four year degree course.
  • Tushar92
    Tushar92
    Hello Rhea,
    I just completed my civil engineering with one of the most sought after profiles as a job. Although I got through at least 10-12 companies before bagging the job, I will share what I thought was being done wrongly and what was the key point in securing jobs.
    First of all, decide the kind of domain you want you job in. If you are from a reputed college and have a core branch like EEE, there are 3 basic types of companies that visit the campus these days:
    1) Core- Low package generally but reliable jobs during economic downturn. Also a bit tougher to crack the interviews if you did most of your studies last night before the exams. The interviewer mostly asks technical questions from your years of studies. Most probably he will also ask your favorite subject and concentrate more on it. HR based questions might also be asked to check your behavioral response. Technical know-how is essential here.
    2) IT- Easiest to crack but pays lower than most other jobs. Also hardly reliable in economic backlashes. Basic puzzles are mostly asked. With some simple HR questions. What they want is someone with good communications and organisational behavior. Knowledge in programming will enhance your chances.
    3) Business Analytics- An emerging field with immense potential. Somewhat reliable job but requires sharp brains with a knack for problem solving for cracking the interviews. Business case studies, twisted puzzles or Guesstimate questions are asked here. They will need someone with good aptitude. Communication skills of course is a plus. Programming is also an icing on the cake here.

That was about the interviews. You will need to crack the aptitude tests first though. The questions are fairly easy in this regard for most companies with the syllabus being followed is that of CAT. If you have prepared for the entrance, you will be swiftly through. Otherwise, do go through the syllabus and solve few questions from as many topics as you can.
    For technical tests, just read the basics and go through the knowledge based portion more than the problem solving based portion since the questions will be based as such.
    You might even come across GD for some companies. Have no fear here, most of your batch-mates will be first timers too and a few but good points here and there throughout the discussion can easily get you through.
    Best of luck!
  • msajaa
    msajaa
    Aptitude Round

- Quantitative

- Verbal and Non Verbal

- Logical

- Technical

Technical Interview Round

- Be good at your basics and have domain knowledge

Resume and HR

- Have good communication skills
  • msarts
    msarts
    Three things you need to concentrate
    · Improve Communication Skills – This the first step to prepare for campus placements i.e to be good in communication skill. The only way to do is to speak and speak with the people around you in English till you get easy and confident to speak. At first you will feel a bit embarrassed making mistakes but once you practice it daily you can see your improvement for sure.
    · Improve your Aptitude Skills – You have to improve your Aptitude skills as part of going to the next round in any campus or job placement because the first round which will be Aptitude round where you will be asked questions from Data Interpretation, Logical and Verbal Reasoning, Arithmetic Aptitude and so on. So start your preparation by buying some good Aptitude books from market.
    · Improve Technical Skills – Its nothing but being good in your stream core subjects. The questions which will be asked in the interview will be more from your 2-4th year core subjects, so be prepared well with all the important subjects and also be ready with your final year project i.e what’s the idea of doing the project, scope of it and so on.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @mstarts It's great that you want to help fellow engineers to solve their queries.
    However, please DO NOT copy-paste content off other website on CrazyEngineers.

Write your advice and suggestions in your own words.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have one doubt regarding when a compiler is used for compiling the program code written in some particular programming language then it must be also written in some programming...
I am facing problem while constructing PDA for the language where we have no of a's =twice no of b's . I am not getting here that if say the...
Intex Technologies is back in the game to compete the likes of Xiaomi and OnePlus, its two big Chinese competitors, by introducing a brand new power bank with 6000 mAh...
Take a look at seven robots that made an impact in 2015. These robots from 2015 will blow you away. https://machinedesign.com/gallery/recent-robots-2015?eid=forward#slide-0-field_images-47961
Hi, I m into 3rd year of my engineering now. I got year back in 2nd year. Am I eligible for writing GATE exam?? Because my course gets to duration...