View Feed
group-icon
Startups & Business
Global Startup Community: Entrepreneurship is hard - Let's help each other succeed in business.
559 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

How to start business in E-commerce sector?

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 15, 2019

The steps to starting e-commerce business are as follows -

1. Create an online store: You can get a ready-made store to suit your needs through Shopify OR through WooCommerce. If you are technical, you can save some money by opting for WooCommerce plugin. 
  2. Upload your product catalog: These online stores allow easy uploading of your product and services information. I'll recommend getting a professional photo shoot of your products in order to quickly gain consumer/visitor confidence.
  3. Setup Payment Gateway: This is very easy. If you go with Shopify or WooCommerce, you will have the option to integrate any payment gateway of your choice. This will allow you to accept various types of payments like Credit Card, Debit Card, Wallet, BHIM UPI, NetBanking easily. These are well tested and secure mechanisms and most of the time there are no upfront costs involved. 
  4. Handle Shipping: Depending upon the products you wish to sell, you can tie up with logistics providers - like DTDC, FedEx, BlueDart, DHL etc. If you can promise them volume, you can get excellent shipping rates to most of the destinations across India. Negotiate hard with them for pricing, if you know you're going to ship products in bulk. 

Apart from these main steps - make sure that you are a registered business entity so that the paperwork with most of the online store providers, logistics providers is quick and efficient. 

Once your store is up and running, you will have to think about marketing and sales. There are various tools and software available online that help you track and analyze the consumer behavior and adjust your sales funnel. 

I hope this gives you the information you are looking for. If you could add details about your business and what problems you are facing, I'm sure we'll be able to help you in much better way. All the best!

Thanks for your valuable time and suggestion for me. But the actual problem is that the product I want to launch in the market through Amazon/Flipcart. So please suggest about the amozon/flipcart E-commerce bussiness. How I do bussiness through this popular ones. 

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 15, 2019

Okay, selling product through Amazon or Flipkart is really easy. You simply have to register your interest with Amazon / Flipkart and their business development executives will do all the onboarding for you. You haven't told us about the product; because it may require some special considerations. But don't worry, the business development folks will help you out. 

1. To sell on Amazon: Amazon

2. To sell on Flipkart: Sell Online on Flipkart | Grow your business with the leader in Indian e-commerce

The registration is free on both Amazon and Flipkart; but you will need to have a company registered before you can do much on their platforms. 

Our experience with selling CrazyEngineers T-Shirts on Amazon was good; but it required a constant follow-up. However, if that's your main focus - you should definitely consider it. They'll often ask you to promote your products by paying some fees; and it does help to some extent. 

Your first step should be to sign-up on above links and let executives from Amazon and Flipkart help you out with the next steps. 

I hope it helps you get started. If you have follow up questions, post them below. 

Share this content on your social channels -