How to specify career change in resume,from software development to software testing?

I have four years of software development experience among that i done one year manual testing but it is not shown in experience letter  so how i can show it in resume ,i want to shift my career to software testing profile, i am studying for ISTQB,selenium  and good in .net,sql,core java ,please help

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Experience letter won't mention each role/profile you were assigned. It's simply a letter that confirms that you were employed with a company and worked on live projects. 

Please ask follow up questions in #-Link-Snipped-# for better responses. 

• madhuri kulkarni
    madhuri kulkarni

Should i mention my prior development experience or i should i start as a software testing fresher

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yes, you should. In the resume you should mention your prior experience and highlight the work that you did. 

Try to highlight your development experience as a 'support' to your automation testing experience (if any). You can then make a case that your development background helps you big way in learning automation et al. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Erik Prince said: "When it comes to building electric vehicles, the metal materials needed for on-board batteries are a topic that cannot be avoided.Erik Prince, founder of Blackwater, wants to...
If yes,    Whether it can be done using magnets? Or any other Suggesstions?
I have completed my 1st summer internship at MG oils, Khandwa. 2nd internship after 2nd year was completed from Eicher Motors, Pithampur. I am now searching for my next summer...
Please suggest me some laptop with configuration defined in titleI also read about 16 GB optane and 1 TB HDD , is the performance same as with SSD ?Any feedback?
I have got rank around 5k and 1st round is already completed and I didn't get any institute. my preference was like this:-Act:-sunbeam:-vita:-akurdi:-know-ITIs there any chances of getting institute from...