How to slice 3D images..?

Dear friends...I am having a 3D image in any one of the following file formats.,STL,VRML,IGES,STEP. I want to slice this image and display the slices in different LCD panels. Basically i am a mechanical engineering student. I can't find the solution for it. Please help me.😘

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Have you tried using "slice" command in "Solid editing" panel in AutoCAD ?
    Play with it !
  • sureshkumargce
    sureshkumargce
    In AutoCAD we can get only the slicing sections. But i don't want that. I have to slice the model with the required thickness.If i rotate a plane with fixed center axis i want to get the slices along the path of rotating plane with required thickness. If i stop that plane in a particular angle only the part of that slice will be displayed. Other parts must be hide. In the different LCD panels i have to display this sliced images.Please help me.😘
  • sureshkumargce
    sureshkumargce
    Troll_So_Hard
    Have you tried using "slice" command in "Solid editing" panel in AutoCAD ?
    Play with it !

In AutoCAD we can get only the slicing sections. But i don't want that. I have to slice the model with the required thickness.If i rotate a plane with fixed center axis i want to get the slices along the path of rotating plane with required thickness. If i stop that plane in a particular angle only the part of that slice will be displayed. Other parts must be hide. In the different LCD panels i have to display this sliced images.Please help me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir,I am a student of B.Tech Final year and want a project based on the solar energy,robotics concept,wind energy,please send me project report as soon as possible.........my e.mail address is:...
Every engineer has used a mini-drafter for engineering drawing. Here's Absolute Zero's comic twist to the evolution of mini-drafter.
Hi I'm Vignesh Kamal.S , I've an idea of presenting a CAM Less 4 stroke engine as my final year project. i've some confusion on how to prepare a CAM...
i want to drive ov7670+al422b with pic18 and send image online and store in micro_sd .please help me...😭
US is the country of travellers. Per an Survey released today, by AAA (a leading federation of auto clubs which sell vacations, insurance, Road side assistance and lobby on behalf...