How to shutdown another system from our system in unix operating system?

How to shutdown another system from our system in unix operating system?

Replies

• nilesh_ingle
    nilesh_ingle
    I guess if you can login to other system with sufficient privileges, you can use the command 'shutdown now'. There are other options too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Isn't it as simple as logging in to another system as root and simply issuing the 'reboot' command?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    The_Big_K
    Isn't it as simple as logging in to another system as root and simply issuing the 'reboot' command?
    Yeah, its simple. If the other system is linux/unix, we can use ssh.
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    dear I did it but I face some difficulty can anyone explain me in detail how to do it
    vik001ind
    Yeah, its simple. If the other system is linux/unix, we can use ssh.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    next it asks for saving the key, type yes for saving the public-private key pair on that remote system, this is done one time only.
    next type root password.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --> remote system ip

ssh -X #-Link-Snipped-# for interactive mode.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let us some c,c++ and java Here we will discuss some commonly asked questions in interviews related to c,c++ and java that will help a lot of ceans in furture...
Hello friends, I would like to know if it is possible to modify an existing die from injection moulding. For example, if I find an obsolete plastic product and like...
I am doing my final year B-tech in information technology.currently my last minor project based on web design.so I am searching for a good minor project topic in web design.I...
hi friends, is it possible to make .gif file and .jpeg from applet ? if yes then how. . ๐Ÿ˜
Hello everyone, My name Stag, I leave in Chicago I like the crazyengineers forum what a nice forum with lots of knowledge and information. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Plastic Injection Molding