How to shift from Manual Testing to Java Development?

Hi Sir,

I have 6 years of experience in Manual Testing. I have completed core java course and I want to shift to Java Development. In my organization, they have stopped internal movements and interviews due to lack of projects. So, Please advice me how to move further.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

You haven't told us what are the problems you are facing. If your company does not offer you a role as a developer, you should look at other companies. 

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

There is no future for anyone in your current organisation. You are going to look elsewhere for job opportunities anyway. However, when you are looking for a new job, it's better to go with your existing experience. It will be easier for you to find a manual testing job. 

For Java developer job you can try your luck by applying to the companies that are recruiting Java developers.

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya

Think of Selenium based testing, and writing automated test cases for Android via the Instrumentation path. It will open a plethora of possibilities for you. Focus on either of the approaches  and learn to be good at that.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Right! As #-Link-Snipped-# said, it's better to opt for automation testing where you could make use of you Java programming knowledge. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

respected mam,myself Adarsh, im doing btech civil engineering and im in second year. my interest is in designing and consultancy.please, guide me and share the experience required for a startup.
Stuck in this question for a long time For a 32 bit microprocessor with a 24-bit address bus and 32-bit data bus what will be the size(in bits) of the...
Is it 4.9A or 6.6A ?There are three sections 1-2, 2-3, 1-3 and tapping is done in series.    What is the total current ?
Switching to physics major from civil engineering major. 
I am in 6th sem of mechanical engineering.i want to clear GATE exam without joining any classis.so give me suggestions for how I need to start preparation for GATE.