how to share internet connection in windows xp ?

hi friends,

I am having internet connection and i want it to share that connection with

other pc which is connected in lan through router .i want that both pc can

access internet if router is on .

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    is the router wireless?
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    yes it is wireless.but both pc are connected via lan cable.
  • dipen30
    dipen30
    goto control panel->network connection .

in network connection click on network setup wizard and follow the instructions .
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    You can use ccproxy to share the internet connection between PCs connected on lan..It is available for free evaluation, however the free connection only supports 3 computers..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Can you provide a sketch of your network connections (what is connected to what)? Also, what is the model of your router?

There are many ways to do this. If your router has DCHP enabled, you just need to leave the network settings on the computers as automatic. DNS addresses, ISP username as password, etc, would be entered directly in your router (if its a modem).
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    yupp u can go to network connections and setup a new network then follow the instructions but u tell me first ur pcs are connected via lan cable or router and u r using wireless internet or wired one it depends on that
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    both pc are connected via router (zte zxdsl 531b)

and internet connection is wired.[​IMG]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Okay, this should be simple. I'll tell you how I did mine (I've got a similar ZTE modem router, but with just 1 LAN);

1. Enter the configuration page of your modem via one of the computers (make sure it is connected to it!). Open a browser and point it to the IP of the modem (192.168.1.1).
    2. Login in using the default username admin and password admin
    3. Under advanced (or something similar) look for the WAN page.
    4. Create a new connection with these values:
    - VPI: 0
    - VCI: 35
    - Service category: UBR without PCR
    - Protocol: PPPoE
    - WAN IP: Obtained automatically
    - NAT: Enabled
    - PPP Username and Password: login details provided by your ISP
    - Select "Always on" if you wish.

5. Under LAN settings, you can enable DHCP, and give a range from 192.168.1.2 - 254. Doing this will allow your computers to automatically be assigned IP addresses. Also, enter the DNS settings that your IP provider gave. If you can't find it in the modem configuration, you can still place the DNS settings in each computer.

6. Save the settings and restart the modem. Just connect the computers to the router and it will be automatically connected. Verify that they have obtained IP addresses and DNS settings by using the ipconfig/all command in the command prompt.

Good luck! If you plan to use the wireless option, remember to select either WPA or WPA2 encryption.
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    thanks ash,

for your support and finally i made it and now i am able to share my internet connection .

And also i want to thank's all other cean's who tried to solve this problem for me
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Your welcome!

Using that method, you can easily connect Linux based computers with ease as well since the configuration is stored in the router.
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    well done ash lol 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today the 4th August is Kishore Kumar's 80th Birthday. KISHOR KUMAR!!!!!! Kishor Kumar, not need to introduce..... We the diehard KK fans join together to wish the great legend "...
This is the vocablary section for the english exam takers. I would be posting 10 words a day (oviously :mrgree: i will need help). Note: 1. No appreciations in this...
A web hosting service is responsible for designating space for your site and making sure that it is accessible on the Internet.
Hii......... Today I think total INDIA is rooted up with the caste feeling...Colleges too have it....My college is one of them..we are suffering from it.... I need answers for some...
Please help me by giving some useful information on kill switches used in ignition system