How to send E-mail from a page directly to any email address..??

Suppose I have a page in which there are lots of fields like name,age,suggestion etc as a textbox. Now I want to sent these field to any email address directly from the click of a button... I tried doing with some library functions but failed to do so. I search google too but didn't got any good example..!
Please give some ideas or sample code so that I can understand the concept..!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How about configuring any existing SMTP server (like Gmail) with your page? That's the easiest and the best way to send email from any page.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    TheV
    Suppose I have a page in which there are lots of fields like name,age,suggestion etc as a textbox. Now I want to sent these field to any email address directly from the click of a button... I tried doing with some library functions but failed to do so. I search google too but didn't got any good example..!
    Please give some ideas or sample code so that I can understand the concept..!
    Which programming language you are using ?
    Every language will have seperate library functions, in which the SMTP server configuration will be defined.
    Suppose in JAVA The header files are :
    import javax.mail.*;
    import javax.mail.internet.*; 
    We have to define the methods as per our requirement.
  • TheV
    TheV
    I am using j2ee technology. I am working on web Application in which I have a suggestion box from which a user can write anything and just click a button to sent a email to administrator.
    I am using NETBEAN 7.1 IDE so what library should I use and how to configure I don't know anything about it. How do I start ..please give any sample code so I can understand. ..
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    Nice #-Link-Snipped-#
    You can send the data that entered in the text fields to your mail through Php
    Here is the code

Name
    E-mail Address
    Mobile Number
    What type of job are you looking for? Programmer Designer Manager
    Paste your resume hear (Press ctrt + v hear....)
    Which programming languages do you work with? PHP Java .NET
    Langueges Known To select multiple Langueges drag over the Langueges, to select altnernate Langueges Ctrl-click on the Languege .
    How do you prefer to be contacted?

[b]Privacy Policy[/b]: the information you provide will not be shared it is only for the use in our selection of potential employees.

The bellow php code sends the data to your mail
    Thank you $name we will get back to you shortly";
    print "
    $date
    "; // Send to specificed email address $to ="pradeepchandramaddirala@gmail.com"; $subject = "Job Application form"; $body =" Date: $date \n Name: $name \n HiddenField: $hiddenField \n Email address: $email \n Mobile Number: $age \n Job: $job \n Resume: $address \n Programing Languages: $languages1 $languages2 $languages3 \n Languege Known: $daysavailable[0] $daysavailable[1] $daysavailable[2] $daysavailable[4] \n Contact: $contact \n\n"; mail($to,$subject,$body); ?>
  • SKsinha
    SKsinha
    Thanks for sharing this PHP script. I had a similar script used on one of my HTML website but the problem there was if I use any google or yahoo mail account then it is not delivered either or delivered with #-Link-Snipped-# not in the name/email id of sender. Changing the email id to one of those configured with site hosting, results were as desired. Now I am using another script but could never solve this problem, don't know where the problem was ? at my server or in the script ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Donald "You're Fired" Trump of "The Apprentice" is planning to construct a 70 floor tall skyscraper at the Northen tip of the Marine Drive near Girgaon Chowpaty. The construction requires...
I'm looking to compile a list of the best looking bridges in India. I've visited Kolkata and believe that the Vidyasagar Setu is arguably one of the best looking bridges...
Iran is in the news for all nuclear things these days. But the latest update is quite interesting! Iran officials have vowed to replace the Internet with a national Intranet...
The world renowned motorcycle maker BMW has launched the latest range of bikes for the year 2012 called Mountainbike Enduro 2012. The latest range of bikes is equipped with Crank...
So the entire Twitterverse / blogosphere was abuzz with Facebook buying out Instagram for a massive $1 billion dollars. Some felt this was a little too much for an app...