How to Reset / Recover Forgotten Windows NT / 2000 / XP / 2003/VISTA password

Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option, but we consider that a last resort. (Plus, guess who’s going to have to help reinstall all the programs lost after a wipe?) But all hope is not lost. There are a few ways to actually retrieve a lost Windows account password. Read on, and we’ll show you the light.

1st Method:
The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account "Administrator" and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type "Administrator" (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from "Control Panel -> User Accounts".
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

2th Method:
There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available.
CIA commander:
This tool only works on NTFS partitions, but it works great! You can even use it to copy data from one place to another. But it is not for free.

Windows password recovery tool:
but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password.

pwdump2:

Replies

• Itanium
    Itanium
    reset without recovery is tough...

recovery is easy... sit alone.. concentrate and try to recover from your memory ;-)
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nothing is impossible in modern era buddy..

Check related thread #-Link-Snipped-#

In this thread there are many methods for your help.

-CB
  • manusaluja
    manusaluja
    All of you, pm me your XP username/pwds... whenever you will forget, ask me....
    easiest recovery.....:grin:
  • safwan
    safwan
    @manusaluja lol
  • annyyu22
    annyyu22
    hi... i have a similar problem. I have sloved it by windows password key 8.0. It works very prefect to regain your password .Also use bootable CD/DVD.
    I have download it from this website
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    just start in safe mode and log on using administrator account and reset ur password there its simple

just at booting time press F8 key to start in safe mode
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Use a linux boot-cd. I dont have the url of this linux based program, will post whenever I chance upon it again, but what it does is it allows us to overwrite the windows shadow passwords.
  • jhilmil07
    jhilmil07
    and if someone forgets his linux password??
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Bill Gates is a very rich man today... and do you want to know why? The answer is one word: versions.
    ha ha nice
  • jhilmil07
    jhilmil07
    wats so nice in it???
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    jhilmil07
    wats so nice in it???
    I like this so i comment nice ..
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    jhilmil07
    and if someone forgets his linux password??
    jhilmil, its a livecd, so no need for password 😀
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    There are many live cd for that purpose. I personally used vista rescue cd .
    I would have posted the link but it violates the rule so better use google.

For xp, there is hiren boot cd which is very effective.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i need some ideas on electronics fpr my open house exhibition...
Hi guys , Actually there was a discussion with my friend regarding the Real happy thing, we discussed for hours but never got any answer for the question? What is...
Assignment help , homework help , Project help , online homework, chemistry help, physics help, Math help, statistics help, accounts, economics, biology help. I have recently started using this great...
is 3d television a nice option for taking a seminar????..........plz do help me on dis?????😕........plz do suggest me some final year project topics on signal processing....plz
i have taken "3D TV" as my seminar topic........ plz tell me if it is fine.....and where i can find the relevant data........plz do suggest me some final year projects...