how to remove shutdown/logoff from start menu?

Hi,

Can anyone help me in removing shutdown or logoff tabs from start menu?

😕😕

Replies

• simple
    simple
    well thats a cool question but why would you want something like this?? (just curious 😀 )
  • engineer_vinay
    engineer_vinay
    i wants to know how to do it?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    open regedit editor
    go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Here in right side panel, right click to create a new DWORD value with the name NoClose.
    Now assign number 1 in value data box and close the registry editor.
    Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect.
    But next time, if you want to enable "Turn Off Computer" button on start menu then simply change the value of data box to 0 or delete NoClose DWORD item.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz help me to write a program in java which acceptmarks & roll no of 2 student from user & then display higest marks
hi guys iam new crazy engineer in the ghetto....i joined this forum cz i think it is the suitable place that i can getta help..😁 iam going to do my...
can any one help to me to work this project in antenna course Design of standard broadcast antennas to achieve a specified directional pattern. The “standard broadcast” band is the...
Hey my dear CE'ans.... I m facing a small problem with my PC.It all started about a couple of months back.When my PC starts n enter into its windows XP...
Hi all, Could tell me how to program CPLD(cool Runner-II)? Example:XC2C25 Thanks balaseven