How to remove PC viruses?

how we can remove viruses and detect them into our system. Anyone can tell from where we can download free anti-virus?

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Download any anti-virus. You will get a fully functional demo which you can use to detect and remove viruses. I recommend Kaspersky anti virus 2012
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This is the one best antivirus program that are available. However, you must be able to identify the potential virus yourselves. Antivirus is just an assistant.

Precautions to take when running program from unknown source.

- Run the program in sandbox and monitor the behavior. If nothing suspicious is found, you can use it.
    - Run the program in a virtual machine for added safety.
  • Hudabia
    Hudabia
    actuli there is a problem whenevr i start to download the antivirus it shows as "problem loading page"
    it shows always whatevr the antivirus i try to download.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Hudabia
    actuli there is a problem whenevr i start to download the antivirus it shows as "problem loading page"
    it shows always whatevr the antivirus i try to download.
    Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ folder and copy the contents of a file called as "hosts". Open it in notepad. You can do it by either associating with notepad or open the notepad and drag the file on the notepad window.

If you can post the hijack this log, I can help you to manually remove the unwanted things.

Download here -> #-Link-Snipped-#

If the above link doesn't work (due to being potential helper in virus removal), you can download it from here -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Start it and click the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It'll perform the scan and let you know once its done. There will be a file called hijackthis.log in the same location where the HijackThis.exe is located. Send that log file to me.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    your PC infected by virus which prevents any opening antivirus website or microsoft.
    Get a antivirus (like free avast version or any one which you like) and #-Link-Snipped-# in USB drive. uninstall you current antivirus. install Spybot --> update it and run it. it will clean almost all infections. Now install a fresh antivirus and prevent you system from infected USB.
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    I recommend Linux OS ... No Virus No Headache 😉

Btw "Panda" is nice & Free AV for windows 😀
  • suresh kb
    suresh kb
    i recommend u to install avast7.0 antivirus

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is katharometer?? how it works and what are the applications of it???
what are encryption and decryption techniques? for what purpose are these used?
hiii iam rama krishna , i got PG-DITISS in c-dac banglore and my rank for A+B is 2117 .I want to know whether it is good or bad in aspect...
I wanted to know why b.w. of transmitter is more? I read it from my text buk according to which transmitter's bandwidth is greater. But then this would result in...
I'm naveen from hyderabad completed my B.tech in Electonics stream and i got seat in C-DAC