pradeep.pawar
pradeep.pawar
Branch Unspecified
19 Apr 2012

How to remove encryption utility?

We are having 250 GB Iomega external HDD which has an encryption utility which works only in windows and doesn't works in ubuntu or mac so we want to remove it, even after formatting it doesn't goes. Please help.
Ankita Katdare

Ankita Katdare

Computer Science
6 years ago
pradeep.pawar What all things did you try till now?
pradeep.pawar

pradeep.pawar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
only formatting and tried to uninstall,if we found it in add/remove programs
Anoop Kumar

Anoop Kumar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
Is there hidden partition for encryption utility?? plug hdd and see in disc management if there any partition for it. you can delete and merge all external hdd into one.
Reya

Reya

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
pradeep.pawar Why don't you chat with them and clear your doubt?
https://go.iomega.com/en-us/products...-ego-portables/ego-encrypt-plus/?partner=4760

Let us know if you have fixed it after chatting with them.
pradeep.pawar

pradeep.pawar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
ianoop:there's no hidden i suppose or may be the partition been hidden by them.
Reya:thanks for the suggestion, i will let you know here.
6 years ago
Could you tell us a bit more about the encryption utility in place? Is it iOmega proprietary? Could you try and find out how is it installed in the drive?

Also, did you try to format the HDD using windows or uBuntu? Tell us how did you do it?
pradeep.pawar

pradeep.pawar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
@big_k:it has an in-built encryption utility extension .exe so it works only in windows run the utility type the password and it is then available for storing data, it can't run in ubuntu as we wanted to open the hdd in linux or mac but as we can't run the utility in them so we want to remove the utility but we are unable and we have returned it back i suppose to our client, when you login the utility then its available for formatting or if you forget the password theres an 25 character serial number type it in utility then reset your password but the main disadvantage is that all the data is erased so its very useless any one can easily delete your data if he/she knows this.
6 years ago
I want you to try this: -

First run the encryption utility and then see for any options, checkmarks where you can disable encryption. If you find any such setting, uncheck it and then try deleting the partition in which the encryption is installed. Should work.
pradeep.pawar

pradeep.pawar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
There are no partitions the utility is embedded i think because i didn't find any partition i tried a lot.
6 years ago
pradeep.pawar
There are no partitions the utility is embedded i think because i didn't find any partition i tried a lot.
You won't find partitions. Just try disabling the encryption and then format the disk.
pradeep.pawar

pradeep.pawar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
there no way to do so until i login theres no space to store the data
pradeep.pawar

pradeep.pawar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
ok thank you.
AbhishekBiswas

AbhishekBiswas

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
Well , can u mount the hdd and check its contents in ubuntu or mac !!
pradeep.pawar

pradeep.pawar

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
only the utility contents
AbhishekBiswas

AbhishekBiswas

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
Ok . Can u try removing it from there and then format !!
AbhishekBiswas

AbhishekBiswas

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
did it work ?
Vivien.hugo

Vivien.hugo

Branch Unspecified
6 years ago
How about reinstall your OS? Or find a tool help you to delete the program. Or shred it.

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.