1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

How to recover corrupted or deleted data form portable hard disk?

Question asked by TANMAY PAGARE in #Electronics #General Knowledge on Jan 1, 2020
TANMAY PAGARE
TANMAY PAGARE · Jan 1, 2020
Rank D2 - MASTER

Is there any software or some Command prompt code so that we can easily recover data.  can i recover all the data which is 580GB. if there is some process please explain me. 

Posted in: #Electronics #General Knowledge
Cyborg 009
Cyborg 009 · Jan 2, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Used R-Studio in the past to recover data from a damaged hdd. Scanning entire disk takes quite an amount of time. Restores files with original directory structure. https://www.r-studio.com/

Disk Recovery Software and Hard Drive Recovery tool for Windows, Mac, and Linux 

It can recover literally anything, but interface can be a bit overwhelming.

Other alternatives- Recuva, Disk Drill, Minitool recovery. 

Not sure if there is any open source, free tool available. Free versions are usually feature limited for trial purposes.

Ramesh RR
Ramesh RR · Jan 13, 2020
Rank D3 - MASTER

MiniTool Partition Wizard upto version 9 is Freeware and does partition recovery.

Vinay Mishra
Vinay Mishra · Jan 14, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

I have used software named Disk Drill to recover the lost data of my harddrive. It's free of cost and will surely help.

- Disk Drill (Disk Drill Windows Data Recovery )

Steps: (1) Connect the hard drive to PC.

(2) Install and Open Disk Drill on your PC.

(3) Select your drive(you want to recover) from the list.

(4) Click 'Search for lost data'.

(5) Select the files you want to recover or click to recover all.

There is one more software named 'EaseUS Data recovery wizard' that was suggested by one of my friends. he used this software and found it good and easy to use.

You can find the whole procedure to use the 'EaseUS Data recovery wizard' to recover your hard drive on their official forum.

In addition to above, Here's is the link- External Hard Drive Recovery: Recover Data from an External Hard Drive - EaseUS 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up