How To Procure Seed Capital For Startup?

If you guys say no to loan, then from where procure seed capital ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving your post to a new thread as it calls for its own discussion. There are several ways to raise the seed capital for your startup venture. The first and the most recommended way is to bootstrap your venture (that is, pay from your own savings). If you don't have any savings; ask for money from your parents, friends or get a part time job to fund your company.

Then there are several angel investors who will invest in your company to get it started. There are several seed funds available all over the world. You will have to read about them and if you have any specific questions; post them here.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# the thread was about Personal loans and no one is against seed capital.

For you making up seed capital is even more easy. Take part in engineering competition. In any good contest, you can expect a prize in a range of INR 200, 000/- or there are business plan contests which will take up responsibility of funding your whole venture and guide you to boot ๐Ÿ˜€

In any case go by what #-Link-Snipped-# said in post #2 for procuring seed capital. However the option of loan should only be exercised in the end when nothing else is available. Always remember that it is easy to avail loan facility but difficult to repay it. Take loan only after you can earn even after repaying the full amount to bank. :
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Also if we are talking about seed capital, this thread should not go unnoticed #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜€
  • avii
    avii
    You guys got me wrong. I wasn't asking 'ways' to procure seed capital, I was just asking how do you manage money for start up ?

I took loan & started with it. Well, not exactly.

I don't ask friends for money. If it is 100-200 then all good. but trust me, when you borrow high amount from friend, it will ruin your relationship if things get ugly. I never asked & never gonna do.

Relatives like cousins, nephews are good, if they can afford to give you.

I asked my dad & invested that 'high' amount in stocks & did intra-day trading*. Made profit, returned money to dad & started on that profit money. Lucky, my business did not needed lots of amount to start up.

*also learnt a good lesson from dad that why one shouldn't do intra-day trading.
  • avii
    avii
    Issue
    For you making up seed capital is even more easy. Take part in engineering competition. In any good contest, you can expect a prize in a range of INR 200, 000/- or there are business plan contests which will take up responsibility of funding your whole venture and guide you to boot ๐Ÿ˜€
    Any links to such contests ?

Let me tell you, I just this 'CSE Engineer' in my user profile. I donno a goddamn thing about programming ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I started with my salary and I being an online business (it wasn't a business back then) I could pay the bills from my salary; and I did that for almost 3 years. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    avii
    *also learnt a good lesson from dad that why one shouldn't do intra-day trading.
    I like this tip. Same thoughts. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S: You need to keep looking for such contests ๐Ÿ˜€
  • avii
    avii
    The_Big_K
    I started with my salary and I being an online business (it wasn't a business back then) I could pay the bills from my salary; and I did that for almost 3 years. ๐Ÿ˜€
    yup, I read that from CE story ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-# - nice, you are also into stock market ๐Ÿ˜€ May be we should have a separate thread for stock market discussion, what say ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Nope I am not into stock market. I keep on hearing that in my family. But I can discuss things if you start a thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It looks like the electronics industry these days is obsessed with a new kind of biodegradable and flexible display. While we can understand the biodegradable displays are the need of...
Nokia and Audiodraft have teamed up to launch the Nokia Ringtone challenge in India and in several other parts of the country. The challenge is simple; submit and original ringtone...
The question is simple and I want simple answers. Will you buy the New iPad once it's available in your country? Yes or No? Why? My answer: No. Because I...
I am planning to buy a mobile which can support AT&T Connect Participant Application . On official website they have applicaiton for iPhone and BlackBerry . But are these applications...
Dear New Member! Welcome to CrazyEngineers (CE)! We thank you for choosing to be a part of CrazyEngineers ever growing community of engineers like you. The intention of this post...