How To Present Yourself In Seminar

Deliver Seminar Effectively:

One of the important tasks in any engineering student's life is to deliver a seminar on a topic or project. The seminars are useful in presenting newer ideas, technologies to a wider audience and also to inform your audience about your project. Many students find it extremely difficult to present a seminar in an effective way. There are simple tips you can follow to make very good impression on your audience and subsequently secure good marks in semesters.

1. Content:

No matter how good your project or topic is, without great content, it's a waste of everyone's time. Let's get this straight in our minds: You should have great content for the seminar. However, this can be challenging. So how can you get awesome content for your topic or presentation? It's simple.

First analyze the topic or project on your own. I'm sure not many of you have done this. Then ask these questions: What am I presenting? To whom I'm presenting? Why is this important? (that's more than just securing good marks) How can make this interesting? and so on.ร‚ย 

With the help of these specific questions, you have opened the gates of new information. Now you have places like CrazyEngineersร‚ย and Wikipedia where you can seek great information and content for your seminar. Have experts to answer your questions so that you present the correct information.

Update: It's been few years since I wrote this piece. The advice here continues to be true independent of the time. You simply can't ignore the importance of having robust content for your seminar delivery. If I were to divide my preparation time; I'd dedicate 70% of it to preparing content and the rest to other activities.

2. Your Power Point Presentation:

You might think that a complicated presentation will impress the judges (if any) and your audience. But it's exactly otherwise. Imagine yourself as a part of the audience and think what would you expect the presenter to do. Would you like a boring, listless presentation ? Of course not.

So, how can you make your presentation interesting to audience? There are few tips -

Do not fill your slides with loads of text just to make yourself appear smarter and intelligent. If the person sitting in the last row can't read what you've written on the slides, you've failed. Don't do it. Just one or two descriptive lines on your slides with a BIG FONT and people will read it.

Update (1st October, 2015): I keep seeing people filling their presentation slides with unnecessary text. 99% of the attendees already know how to read and they don't need you to read out the text. This is one of the most important factor that makes the entire seminar / presentation very boring.

But that does not mean you go on increasing the number of slides. Any presentation with more than 20 slides is - boring. It's a simple rule. Try to limit the number of slides to under 15 and if not possible, 18. But never more than 20.

Make an intelligent use of images, videos to make your presentation appear good and attention grabbing.

See, the ultimate idea is to make your audience listen to you and not read text on the slides. Don't compensate your shyness by adding lot of text on your slides.

3. You:

• - Shouldn't be scared of facing audience. If you've stage fear (lot of people do), get rid of it by practicing it. I got rid of my stage fear by choosing to participate in college cultural fest in singing competition.

• - Should allot enough time for your project members to explain their part during presentation. Again, don't add 10 slides per member. Even 2-3 slides/member will do. But have each member present quality content in their part of presentation.
  • - Should dress up well. Formals is natural choice. But what to wear - is your own decision.
  • - Should not speak faster just to appear fluent with the language. Also, #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • - Should be ready with everything at least 30 minutes in advance.
  • - Should not have wavy hands, shaky legs. Get rid of stage fear.
  • - Should not be over confident even if you know your topic is the best.
  • - Should look at the judges and your audience with confidence. Don't ignore a part of audience. Look at everyone so that they feel connected.
  • - Should try to have an earlier slot for your presentation and set the benchmark high for the rest of the participants (helps in competitions).
  • - Should be prepared to answer questions related to your seminar. This can be achieved by preparing well.
  • - Should get your presentation demoed in front of someone who's better at English, if possible.

I hope these tips will be helpful to all of you who're looking to deliver effective seminars in your colleges and competitions.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask in this thread.

Replies

• makru921
    makru921
    Wow! Now thats some serious effort. Good job biggie.. Inspiring..
  • gizmotech
    gizmotech
    Hello,

Content and the structure and the delivery are the most important aspects of a presentation. You need to have sound knowledge about your audience, what background do they have? Suppose, I am presenting a technical idea to someone who is much older than me (and probably less acclimatized to social networking, gizmo jargons etc), then we must keep this in mind while delivering our lecture.

Most importantly, it is the practice that makes you go from strength to strength. We must take our opportunities to deliver a lecture no matter if it is the Seminar period of our syllabi.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes but one thing which I experienced is that I started confidently looking at everyone present in hall but later on my focus shifted towards juries. and so I lost.That shows lack of confidence.I think most people suffer from this phenomenon.Hope everyone takes it into account๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • shaamzoon
    shaamzoon
    wow dude....awesome!
    useful tips
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    hey thanx... i need that right now very very much....
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    hey thanx... i need that right now very very much.... but i have a problem.... i am good at presenting things and i do well with english too... but the real problem is that i am afraid of the questions they ask.... because thrice i have given presentations and have not been able to answer the questions... either i semi-answer them or i am not able to answer at all, even when i am well-versed with my topic.... what should i do??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hey oaskanta,
    What I would suggest is, when you are presenting a seminar, I am sure you study the topic in depth. While preparation jot down questions that could be asked from various angles. For instance, you might stress some points in your seminar that create an impression on the judges. It is highly probable that they would ask questions on it. Prepare for them in advance. ๐Ÿ˜€

I am sure you will learn more with experience.
  • rohitnikam999
    rohitnikam999
    good i will use , i got to give many seminars
  • oaskanta
    oaskanta
    But how do I know that I am well prepared.... I mean, although I study a lot about my topic, it turns out in vain and I still end up standing mute on the stage answer-less. How do I research a lot about my topic..... Please help me with some sites or tips as to where I can find information.... For example, the latest seminar I am going to give is on "Multi-Touch Technology"... Now how do I find complete info on it??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    oaskanta
    But how do I know that I am well prepared.... I mean, although I study a lot about my topic, it turns out in vain and I still end up standing mute on the stage answer-less. How do I research a lot about my topic..... Please help me with some sites or tips as to where I can find information.... For example, the latest seminar I am going to give is on "Multi-Touch Technology"... Now how do I find complete info on it??
    Of course you are not Wikipedia to know everything. If you are not able to answer the questions on topics you've prepared - then it's more or less a problem of confidence. To tell you the truth - the audience knows lesser than you do. Once you convince yourself with this fact, try to be cool and once a question is popped to you - take your own time to think and answer. Even if you're on stage - you are not participating in a competition where you've to press a buzzer to qualify to answer. Most often, the questions asked will be very basic. Try to remember the questions that were asked to you in past and whether you really had no clue about them.

Take your time and decide whether you know the answer. Then head over to the slide that comes nearest to the question. Discuss it for few second and in the mean time, build up more ideas and knowledge to answer the question. It's all about keeping cool. If you know nothing about the topic - say you don't.

Multi-touch is a vast topic and you can't know everything. But that's not an excuse to prepare half-heatedly. Always prepare a topic with deep interest in it. Never prepare just for the sake of delivering a seminar and win a certificate. That's the correct way to prepare. Stay cool all the time.

Update: Editing on October 1, 2015:

All the above mentioned ways to present yourself in a seminar are meant to be 'guiding points' for all our fellow engineers who are required to make presentations and deliver talks or seminars at colleges, competition events and corporate offices. You are of course welcome to develop your own style of presentation delivery. There cannot be one fixed way; but the basics will always remain the same.

If I were to summarise all the points then it mostly boils down to two main things:
    • The overall content of your presentation which should be in sync with seminar's main topic or theme
    • Your ability to talk confidently yet humbly and convey your points and thoughts.
    How impressive you are at delivering seminar is a function of time. You will get better at it the more opportunities you will grab.
  • gecdon
    gecdon
    Thanks.. superb tips..
  • Slay3r_17
    Slay3r_17
    good !!
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    That's great !! I won't get any nervousness anymore during Seminar Sessions.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Have anyone said about the Banana Theory? Eat a full banana before you go and you don't feel much nervous, because it fills your stomach as well as confidence... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Have anyone said about the Banana Theory? Eat a full banana before you go and you don't feel much nervous, because it fills your stomach as well as confidence... ๐Ÿ˜€
    ...and I don't agree. It will make difficult for you to speak with your stomach full. You can't boost your confidence through external aids. It's just has to come from within.
  • Linda.LY
    Linda.LY
    Very good and useful content!
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    Thank You Sir!!!
  • honeyclarck
    honeyclarck
    Thanks for sharing. But Internet is the best solution to find any thing. You can find any thing from it.
  • ANSAM WISEJITH
    ANSAM WISEJITH
    i've got no stage fear that means i can speak about a topic for half an hour but then i think that i am lagging behind all
    ANSAM WISEJITH
    i've got no stage fear that means i can speak about a topic for half an hour but then i think that i am lagging behind all
    Why don't you be confident?
  • rosyraphael
    rosyraphael
    Hi plz let me know the recent 2 topics in CS/IS.so i can prepare for seminar..The last date is tomorrow only for submitting the topic name..looking forward to get good topics.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    rosyraphael
    Hi plz let me know the recent 2 topics in CS/IS.so i can prepare for seminar..The last date is tomorrow only for submitting the topic name..looking forward to get good topics.
    What are your interests?
    Did you check this #-Link-Snipped-#?
  • rosyraphael
    rosyraphael
    I m interested in android and network security...i need recent topics in these fields..
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok. Do a quick #-Link-Snipped-# on the forum, you will find some discussions based on your interests. Go through them.
    And also check here:
    Android: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Network Security: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rosyraphael
    rosyraphael
    oki...thanku
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    This is a great thread Biggie. You have some great tips. I want to add some things that i have learnt. I did a bunch of presentations in my degree. I always hated it but the more i did the better i became and the more my confidence grew.
    I was able to pick up a few tips that will ensure you have a great presentation:
    • Like K said, keep it between 15-20 slides and spend an average of 1 min per slide. You cannot put your entire project in the slides. Just the major points. If you missed anything important i bet someone from your audience will ask it and you will be able to answer them.
    • Font size should be between 28-32, no smaller.
    • Use lots of visual aids like pictures, videos. LESS TEXT, i cannot stress this more.
    • Engineers like to see information in tables or graphs. So instead of using text, SUMMARIZE your information in a table or graph. You can use this to explain and your audience can follow along with you.
    • If you can, get a pointer of some sort to illustrate diagrams in you slides. I used a laser pointer.
    • You should begin by introducing yourself and your project.
    • Then it is very beneficial to have a slide showing an Agenda for your presentation like:
    Introduction
    Aim
    Objectives
    Methodology
    Literature Review/Data Collection
    Calculations
    Results
    ...............................Finally Conclusion were you recap and summarize your findings.
    By doing this you will let you audience know from the get-go what they can expect to see and you will have their attention from henceforth.
    • Your last slide should thank your audience for their time and the last thing you should say is "I would like to entertain any questions or concerns you may have at this point"....or something of the sort.๐Ÿ˜Ž
    • The most important tip for me is to practice your presentation over and over and over and over and over and over until you can almost memorise what you have in the slides. A great tip is to record yourself so you can hear how you sound. It helped me because i have knack of saying ummm after each point i made. I recorded and heard it and i stopped it.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    oaskanta
    hey thanx... i need that right now very very much.... but i have a problem.... i am good at presenting things and i do well with english too... but the real problem is that i am afraid of the questions they ask.... because thrice i have given presentations and have not been able to answer the questions... either i semi-answer them or i am not able to answer at all, even when i am well-versed with my topic.... what should i do??
    What you should do is this:
    Commend them on their question "That is a great question"
    Then apologise: "I am not able to answer your question fully right now"
    Re-assure them " But I will confirm this and get back to you as soon as possible"
    Together "That is a great question, but my apologies I am not able to answer your question fully at this moment, but (stress on the but) I will confirm this and get back to you as soon as possible".
    OR, maybe you can ask them to elaborate on their question a little. Maybe you know the answer but the person just didn't phrase the question proprerly. Good Luck! ๐Ÿ‘
    Good tips designer! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Praveen-Kumar
    Good tips designer! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks ๐Ÿ˜
  • vivekp26.1
    vivekp26.1
    all of above is true. totally agree with u all.

One more thing want to add is be prepared for the questions and always welcome the questions.
    Questions will decide the depth of knowledge you are having.

that`s it..... all the best.
  • Donagh
    Donagh
    Thatโ€™s some really good advice!

One thing that I would add though is

รจAlways bring a magic wand

Hold something in your hands that you can point at stuff to shift attention around the slides. This is also a very good way of avoiding fidgetiness.

Also if you have the option of choosing what you present NEVER pick a topic that is covered by your examiner, he will not be impressed by what you know about his topic and will butcher you in the questioning, you should always go for something that people havenโ€™t been exposed to before and they will find it interesting.
  • SKsinha
    SKsinha
    Very useful tips indeed ! One aspect I would like to highlight is the Question Session and I would like to quote a presentation by Ebay India I attended. They circulated a simple feedback form before the presentation started and asked the audience to note down their queries. Before the presentation ended one person collected all the forms and came back to stage. It looked like that the presentation was over but it was just a pause. when he started reading the questions he again started his slide show with same questions explained. It was mesmerizing as they were so sure about the audience behavior that 100 % queries were already replied in rest of the slides. After that I made it sure that all the possible queries from audience is also a part of the presentation. Though it was a business presentation and nothing like Bosses staring at them but still the complete command over the subject was superb.
  • sonu sahoo
    sonu sahoo
    it is the basic way to enhance your confidence
  • sonu sahoo
    sonu sahoo
    when we talk about seminars and presentation, we have to develop skills regarding speaking and presenting.To presenting something in front of unknown audience is a very big task. for this we should have to develop much confidence inside us and complete knwoledge of the topic, then only any presentation get success.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    how do you beat stage fear ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    how do you beat stage fear ?
    Just by being on the stage until the fear is gone.
  • SKsinha
    SKsinha
    The_Big_K
    Just by being on the stage until the fear is gone.
    Very true ! One can not learn swimming by analyzing Archimedes' principle of buoyancy in physics lab, has to jump into water. You have to speak to an audience first and then the second thing you have to master your fear. Follow the quote "When you dance, Dance in a way as no body is looking at you"...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Stage fear: Practice is important in seminar then some percentage of your stage fear will go.
    I was scared so much in my final year presentation.
    With the reputation I had at my college, my english language and my dressing style nothing was good.
    But I was the one who have to present the presentation, believe me over coming stage fear is very important.
    How talented you are, how much effort you have put into your project matters later, since you have to atleast project your knowledge on the stage.
    I practiced for around 5 days, and gave seminar in front of all my friends multiple times to get confidence. I had stage fear, but still I did well , the only but great advantage I had was the command on my project. Since I did it.
    So if you have stage fear, then practice the seminar multiple times. Your voice should not shiver. Next get good understanding on the topic.
    Recently, 2 years back I too participated in a event and sang a song ๐Ÿ˜€ Just to over come my fear. I still have it.
    I joined ToastMasters club, to over come it. I will post all the things I learn there starting 27th of this month.
  • Jasmin Amr
    Jasmin Amr
    Great Job๐Ÿ˜‰
  • viratvicky
    viratvicky
    oh! These r all awsomeee tips to all those who are going to present their topics in seminar.....

Very useful thread for the persons who are going to ppt's.....
  • Pragadeeswaran
    Pragadeeswaran
    really interesting..๐Ÿ˜‰
  • dec nor
    dec nor
    the tips given seems very useful for me . thank you Author.

thank you.
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    it will be really helpful.
    thank you.
  • karmen_21
    karmen_21
    when i have to make a seminar in front of peoples i got nervous and shy, my voice volume is low and i forget the words i prepare, so how i can do better on my own seminar with all of these problems i have??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    karmen_21
    when i have to make a seminar in front of peoples i got nervous and shy, my voice volume is low and i forget the words i prepare, so how i can do better on my own seminar with all of these problems i have??
    The key is 'not to prepare'. Now 'preparation' for most of us means that we should 'mug up' the speech and the deliver it word by word. That always goes wrong because you will always have the fear of forgetting your speech.

Instead, be genuinely interested in the topic you're presenting. Collect as much information as you can out of interest. Then connect the main points through your slides. A slide should be a picture or a sentence or a video - but not paragraphs of text.

Look at the slide and start talking about the topic connecting the points one by one. That's how you can deliver a nice, interesting seminar. It might take a 2-3 tries though before you feel confident.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    karmen_21
    Every one has this issue friend But one thing I learnt "Never take a topic you don't know" as a topic for the first few pp

Once you get accustomed to the crowd you will get used to the pressure then go for new topics.
  • karmen_21
    karmen_21
    Conqueror
    Every one has this issue friend But one thing I learnt "Never take a topic you don't know" as a topic for the first few pp

Once you get accustomed to the crowd you will get used to the pressure then go for new topics.
    but sometimes the instructor give us the topics so we will stuck on this topic.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    karmen_21
    but sometimes the instructor give us the topics so we will stuck on this topic.
    That is a case in Engineering colleges of India I am not sure how to tackle this situation others have to comment here
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    One advice to all

" Dont keep any words in your slides. Put only images. See the images and speak out what you feel. you dont need any preparation. You are engineer. You can drag an Ant to eat chicken in your exam derivation. So apply the skill in presentation.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Any one who is preparing for a seminar, try delivering a trial run at home and shoot it with your home camera/mobile. Make sure you see your full profile in the video when you are shooting. See it for yourself and judge how good or bad your posture was or your delivery was. If you want your audience to like you, you must like yourself as a speaker.

Just before you climb up on the stage, cheer yourself up... even if it means shouting a 'Yes!' or a 'Hurray!', it helps. Confidence is a virtue of your mind. If it is pumped up inside you, it will follow in your physical presence.

Keep your presentation short and to the point. Using images is good as well as bad. Good because it gives a representational purpose and bad because some times it distracts. When you are explaining, it is always better to have a dark slide with few words written so that the focus is on you.

Be strong and authoritative in your talk. When on stage, the way you speak is going to impress the listeners more than what you speak. As biggie said, chances are that you know more about your topic than the audience. So believe in yourself and go for it.

In case if you dont know an answer to a question, be polite and acknowledge that you dont know. Say, "I'm sorry but I'm not aware of that. Let me find out and get back to you."
  • zeeshanaayan07
    zeeshanaayan07
    Thank you buddy
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks to the biggie.That was a neceesary and simple information that everyone needs.I loved it as it can help me in project presentation.Way to go broooooo
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Glad to help. The thread continues to be on the top of search results for 'How to present seminar" ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    After working for a few years, I'm beginning to think its time I put more effort in designing my slides when presenting ๐Ÿ˜› Some people prefer to just read/see content rather than listening at all. Gotta appease to both types of crowds in the business world I suppose.
  • Raj A
    Raj A
    This is nice.. Read something like this for the first time.. I guess I should have joined here during my college days.. would have helped a lot.. But anyways, I will try to use your suggestions for my future presentations.. Thanks..
  • Gnanasankar Govindarajan
    Gnanasankar Govindarajan
    thank u so much sir... before i read your tips ..i have fear , but now i get confident to present topics...
  • The Observer
    The Observer
    I do this stuff sometimes.You just need to catch the audience off-its-brain. make them excited and cover up different angles of your topic.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    There is a new principle which I have learnt for giving seminars.

the Five W and H Principle.

Who
    What
    When
    Where
    Why

and How.

If you do some homework based on all these questions, you will know what you have to present and what you dont have to.

For example, if you are proposing a project idea to a technical team it is necessary that you have to include many technical details in your presentation, but if you are presenting the same to business then you need to skip few details from it.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    After joining the toast masters club I have learnt few things which are important ,
    1. The ah counter, how many times we use the generally used words is one thing which i have learnt while communicating and stopped it.
    2. The next one is time management, we are given specific time to talk about any of the topic of our choice. So if we are talking for more time or less time there will be a person counting the time.

So if we are preparing for any topic for presentation , then we need keep the time in our mind.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One more update here, I had to give a presentation an hour ago to one of our Senior VP about our application.

I have followed the golden rule, and am successful.

What i did was , gave an interesting background of the problem we solved with a practical example with data. (In my case data is dates).

Gave them the pain people are going through by following a manual process.

Told him what the automated process does.

I am done!

PS. I was told by my VP that, the definition and example I gave was the most clear example of problem statement that he ever heard since 20 years in our company.

So you dont need great english, you just need to understand what you are trying to present and yes if with data then its a killer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Congratulations, @#-Link-Snipped-#! ๐Ÿ‘
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    sir , But if there is problem of facing crowded area and that why i fear to present my thoughts and what should i do to improve my English ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sr patil
    sir , But if there is problem of facing crowded area and that why i fear to present my thoughts and what should i do to improve my English ?
    Everyone faces that problem. Mostly because we're worried about our English speaking skills. First things first: Stop fearing the language. If people want make fun of your speaking skills; let them do it. Keep looking for a chance to speak in front of people and keep practising.
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    sir , i want one more help from you,can you give me links where a practical experiments likes an experiment did in 3 idiots moive.
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    very nice!!!
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One more update here, I had to give a presentation an hour ago to one of our Senior VP about our application.

I have followed the golden rule, and am successful.

What i did was , gave an interesting background of the problem we solved with a practical example with data. (In my case data is dates).

Gave them the pain people are going through by following a manual process.

Told him what the automated process does.

I am done!

PS. I was told by my VP that, the definition and example I gave was the most clear example of problem statement that he ever heard since 20 years in our company.

So you dont need great english, you just need to understand what you are trying to present and yes if with data then its a killer.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    little bit confidence to do the presentation ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
  • sachin kulkarni
    sachin kulkarni
    Really helpful tips at the right time .. will try banana theory soon ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pradeep Somu
    Pradeep Somu
    The thing about stage fright is that, EVERYONE has them. It has got something to do with a primitive part of the brain that is responsible for the 'fight or flight' response which worked well during human evolution. One thing to do to override the response is to trick the mind into believing that you have done it before, this can be either by visualizing the speech or by practicing it.

try this TEDEd video
    ed.ted.com/lessons/the-science-of-stage-fright-and-how-to-overcome-it-mikael-cho
  • Dheeraj Gulia
    Dheeraj Gulia
    Why we scared during presentation?
    Cause we haven't full knowledge of topic on which we are giving presentation. If we have full knowledge than why will we feel scared? The important thing is confidence. Confidence may strong when you have full knowledge of your topic. So fully prepare yourself before presentation.
    A important thing during the presentation that feel yourself best. A thing remind always during the presentation that you are best.
    Use that language in which you are perfect.
    Last month, I presented my self in Weblance IT company first time. In that presentation I was scaring because I have less knowledge of that topic which I presented. In last week, I presented again. This time I was fully prepared in my topic. So I was confident.
    If you have full knowledge than you can stand in front of any person without any fear.
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    how to connect video in presentation?
  • Nikita Madhyan
    Nikita Madhyan
    thnx biggie... it would be beneficial for me coz in upcoming days i m going to present seminar in my class.๐Ÿ˜
  • batpool52!
    batpool52!
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Should not have wavy hands, shaky legs. Get rid of stage fear.
    Easy to say ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    batpool52!
    Easy to say ๐Ÿ˜
    Everyone goes through it.
  • Pavan Kumar Kotnani
    Pavan Kumar Kotnani
    thank you....it is very helpful
  • Vinay valluru
    Vinay valluru
    thankyou sir
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    My advice:
    • Keep the data that looks important on the slides, remember the data that sounds important, and deliver it with proper voice modulation.
    • Don't put too much material in slides, just 5-6 bullet points, and some image (if required).
    • Present what the audience wants, if you are presenting in front of colleagues, you can add a little humor or a theme (like short stories), while presenting to seniors you may need factual data with clarity of concepts.
    • It's better to do a rehearsal earlier, also you should know what you have put in each slide.
  • SUNIL NARENDRA SINGH
    SUNIL NARENDRA SINGH
    Thx for sharing....
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Akanksha Gupta
    how to connect video in presentation?
    I assume that you are asking about adding a video file to your presentation (.ppt) here. Well, it's a straightforward process. Go to the slide where you want the video to play. Go to media option, and upload the video from your desktop and click 'Insert Video' button.

If you are asking how to connect presentation video to the projector at the seminar venue, I believe you do not have to worry as the authorities will help you with it.
  • ganesh golait
    ganesh golait

if audiences or teachers ask a question and i dont know the answer then what can i do

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - That's a good question.ร‚ย 

Of course, the audience or the teachers won't ask you a totally irrelevant question. So, be calm and try understand the question. Do not make the mistake of answering the question quickly. It's okay to take a pause - and ask counter questions just to make sure that you understand what the audience/teachers are asking.

If you know anything relevant to the question - talk about it. If you are totally blank, you've no option but inform them that you do not know the answer.

However, from what I've seen, you can go totally blank only when you've mugged up the seminar like a robot and simply presenting the topic just the way you practised it.

For any seminar or talk that you are delivering, always prepare well in advance and make yourself familiar with all the questions and concepts that are being presented. You should be able to 'understand' what you are talking about. The knowledge will come from some extra reading on the topic.ร‚ย 

You could also study and make a list of possible questions. Once those questions are ready, you could seek help from others (teachers, online discussion forums like CrazyEngineers) to get the answers.ร‚ย 

Once your level of preparation is good, you cannot go blank and will always have some content to share.ร‚ย 

I hope this helps.ร‚ย 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let us first decide aim of this project 1:-App will consists of a Quiz which which will calculate the passion of individuals towards Engineering on basis of his answer and...
Anybody out there taken/planning/thinking about GMAT?? If yes I think we can share strategies... I am planning to take it in March and under preparation.
I'm not sure what's exactly gone wrong with Digg. The world's one of the most popular content sharing websites is now going down the hill. The traffic is going down...
Hi friends, please tell me what a Vmware is and what does it do?
Help me with some interesting mechanical projects..