How to prepare for IES 2015 Civil Engineering Exam? Books?

Ankita Katdare
Your subject reference books are enough for studies, but you may also go on to refer IES Specific books.

Hi,

I'm wish to prepare for IES exam. Currently I dont have any materials with me. I wish to download some ebook or even i'm ready to pay for a book. Could you please suggest any one book for me.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#
    You can download the Civil Engineering syllabus here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I contacted a few friends and they have suggested the following books for IES ESE 2015 Civil Engineering exam:

Engineering Mechanics - Shames
    Strength of Material - V N Vazaram
    RCC (WSM) - Shyal and Goyal
    RCC (LSM) - AK Jain
    Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering - A Singh and K R Arora
    Strength and Meterials - UC. Jindal
    Concrete Technology - MS Shetty
    Steel Structure - L S Negi
    Soil Mechanics - K R Arora
    Fluid Mechanics - Modi & Seth
    Theory of Structure (Vol - II) - Vazirani and Ratwani
    Irrigation Engineering - S K Garg

If you want to know the books for a specific topic, reply in comments below. Will try to gather information on that.
  • Ameerlal Heera
    Ameerlal Heera
    Ameerlal Heera
    Hi,

I'm wish to prepare for IES exam. Currently I dont have any materials with me. I wish to download some ebook or even i'm ready to pay for a book. Could you please suggest any one book for me.

#-Link-Snipped-#,
    First of all thanks for your immediate reply and I need one more help.

I will check this books and can you suggest all in one book for IES. A book which cover all portion together?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An inventor from Copenhagen, Denmark has come up with a new Solar Bike that he claims to be an interesting new sustainable alternative to electric bikes that are becoming very...
Short Review: Awesome hardware combined with great software and equally amazing, vibrant community of DIYers makes Raspberry Pi 2 the best micro computer you can buy in India for just...
After being unveiled at the Microsoft Build Conference 2014, Nokia Lumia 930 went on to become one of the most popular phones running Windows Phone 8.1 OS. In over an...
Hello Guys, nice to meet you after a long time. any interested candidate in electronics and robotics can talk with me!
Turns out that LG ain't very good at keeping secrets. The company seems to have leaked the closely guarded secret from the one infinite loop headquarters of Apple, totally ignoring...